Thread: Suggestions/Advice on Fundraising with ClassiPress

Thanks

Suggestions/Advice on Fundraising with ClassiPress

I'm looking for some suggestions on how to make a classifieds site friendly to fundraisers. For example, I'd like to offer FREE listings IF that listing is for fundraising purposes. I work with several non-profits, so I'm more interested in making this work for non-profits and community members than making $$ on this service--though, for regular listings, I'll still charge. Here's how it would work:

(1) A user will be required to have a membership pack to list anything. This will be a very low-cost annual subscription that allows me to validate all users. I want this to be for local use only (though I don't know if that's too restricting).

(2) IF a user wants to post a listing for a fundraiser, they must identify the non-profit organization from a pull-down list of verified organizations that I maintain, manually. To get the discount, they type "FUNDRAISER" into the coupon code field to get the listing for free.

(3) IF a user just wants to post a personal ad, they pay regular price and ignore the fundraiser pull-down field.

All listing submissions will be reviewed by me before approving.

MY question is this: Is there a better way to do this? Obviously, this is a simplistic approach. I have no way to enforce or validate any kind of payment to the fundraiser. A user could simply SAY they are donating proceeds to get the free listing and then keep the cash. I suppose I could include a link to a specific non-profit organization page on the classified site (if listed in pull-down), which includes instructions to "buyers" on how to make a contribution for "fundraiser" listings. Ideally, an organization could post all the listings on their own account, but then they become the go-between for questions pertaining to the listing, which is inconvenient.

I'd be curious to know if anyone has tried anything like this or has a suggested protocol I could try.

Thanks!

Matt

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information