Thread: Lack of flexibility setting pricing plans

Thanks

Lack of flexibility setting pricing plans

Hello to AppThemes and everyone on the forum.

I have just bought Vantage and am working on setting up my Directory. I have found it really easy to use and think it's great, apart from one thing - the Plan features.

If you put yourself in the customer's shoes ie the person who is going to purchase a paid listing, there really is very little value to be bought. As far as I can tell the choices you have for upgrading are:

- to get listed in more than one category (for my subject area there is very little overlap between categories; businesses tend to be in one or another and not several, so this is of little benefit)

- to get featured on the homepage/category page (my immediate thought as a customer would be, what if 70 businesses buy a featured spot? what benefit would it be to me to be the 70th listing on the home page?)

So really, unless you have a very well known and regarded website and are in the lucky position that you can charge anyone to get listed at all. I can't really see why anyone would buy a Plan.

I note from a previous thread (in 2011) that you were thinking of adding more features, have you got anywhere with this? Do any of the child themes add any more options? Could I get a developer to add more options?

I would really like to be able to set up something like the following: a Free plan which is just name, contact details and a description. Then a Standard plan where people can add a photo, upload a pdf document and fill in more fields, then maybe a Premium plan where they can add more photos and documents and get featured in my newsletter once a month or submit a blog post or article once a month (I presume this would require a free form field on the Plan description).

I look forward to hearing from you

Best regards and many thanks

Katherine

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information