Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Limit number of ads per user, per hour

I am developing a ClassiPress site on which posting ads is always free.

I want to limit the number of ads users can post per unit of time. For example: 5 ads per hour.
    Have any of you...
  2. Replies
    Views

Hi @ositech, I don't use the Advanced Search...

Hi @ositech,

I don't use the Advanced Search feature, but from what I remember when I once tried it, the Advanced Search box only shows up on pages that show ads in a single category. For example,...
  3. tutorial

You can modify the to, subject, and message fields (but not the from name, or from email fields) of the "contact ad poster" email by doing the following:

1. Create a function that returns an array...
  4. Replies
    Views

[SOLVED] One thing I think is unique to that form is: the...

One thing I think is unique to that form is: the emails it generates have a FROM address of whatever is in the form (e.g. joe.shmoe@whatever.com in one case, and mary.scary@anotherdomain.net in the...
  5. Replies
    Views

viewing README.txt

To Windows users seeing "weird characters" when viewing in the README.txt file:

When I view it in a plain text viewer (e.g. Notepad or Notepad++ in Windows), I see weird characters (looks like...
  6. [SOLVED] css @import url using "//" instead of "http://" (to support https)

In the child theme's style.css file, the first non-comment is:

@import url("http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:400,700");

With that code as it is shown above, here is how my site...
  7. Hi @jameswalker, I think you can change the font...

Hi @jameswalker, I think you can change the font color of the "What are you looking for" text to red (for example), by inserting the following CSS code into the bottom of your style.css file (for...
  8. [TUTORIAL] Specifying a custom Favicon using a Child Theme (modifying functions.php only)

Here is what I did to cause my web browser to display my child theme's favicon instead of the default ClassiPress favicon.

This is different than all other methods I've seen on the forum by (1)...
  9. You might (*I haven't tried to do it) be able to...

You might (*I haven't tried to do it) be able to hide the default "Tags" field from your forms, and instead create a new field with a unique slug (such as "my_tags") and give it a friendly display...
  10. [TUTORIAL] Restrict Multisite Users from accessing wp-admin pages even outside ClassiPress

I have a Multisite installation where each of the sub-sites uses the ClassiPress theme, but the main site does not.
    I wanted to restrict users that were logged in on the network, from accessing...
  11. [SOLVED] I haven't done due diligence in my testing yet,...

I haven't done due diligence in my testing yet, but it appears to me disabling this plugin resulted in the error message going away and the ad being posted successfully:

DB Cache Reloaded Fix...
  12. using Dropdown menus (instead of Checkbox list) in Refine Results box

ClassiPress 3.1.9 has a "Refine Results" feature. For fields the ad poster filled out using dropboxes, the user refines the results by marking checkboxes (as opposed to dropboxes). Here is an...
  13. Hey @dikiyforester, Your plug-in looks great -...

Hey @dikiyforester,
    Your plug-in looks great - I've looked into it before.
    In this case, however, I want someone from AppThemes to show some customer support.
  14. Replies
    Views

Hi @dario06, the best I can give you given how...

Hi @dario06, the best I can give you given how much time I have right now, is an educated guess.

* THIS IS JUST A GUESS ... totally untested: You can try replacing the word 'All Categories' with...
  15. Replies
    Views

How can I approve multiple ads at once?

Is there any way to approve multiple ads at once (e.g. ads posted by a user I know and trust); without approving all ads?

This is how I currently approve a single ad:

Go to WP Administrator...
  16. Replies
    Views

Hi @lcooper1784, In case you mean you were...

Hi @lcooper1784,

In case you mean you were unable to get even a basic child theme working; I was able to get a basic child theme working (i.e. overriding CSS styles, and PHP functions) by...