Thread: Choosing the right theme

Unregistered

Choosing the right theme

Hi,

Questions:

1- Which of yours do you recommend to create a podcast directory? (Vantage?)

2 - Can I omit the map from showing? (not able to edit appearance > customize in demo )

3 - Search function - can the search criteria be changed? i.e.
    Current = Search For = Businesses Events & Near (city, country)
    Would need something like: Search For = Category or Podcast Name or Author Name.
    How flexible editable is the search function?

4 - Lastly, I have a csv of listings, Title, description, etc... is there a bulk import function to create the listings?

Please get back to me ASAP
    Thank you
    James

Thanks
    1 - This depends what you need the theme to be able to do, but Vantage is the business directory theme we have available.

2 - You can omit the map from the homepage as it is an optional widget, however maps within the listings are there by default and would require customization on your part to remove.

3 - The homepage search has set fields, however these will search custom fields as well. It would require customization if you're looking to add actual search fields outside of those on the homepage and refine results as seen on the demo site sidebar.

4 - Yes there is a .csv importing tool built into the theme as shown on the Vantage admin demo. Thanks.

Unregistered

Choosing the right theme

pepsi

1 - This depends what you need the theme to be able to do, but Vantage is the business directory theme we have available.

*********I want to create a podcast directory (like a video directory) similar to iTunes... Do you offer another theme more suited to this applications?

2 - You can omit the map from the homepage as it is an optional widget, however maps within the listings are there by default and would require customization on your part to remove.

*********It appears to be in the sidebar - is that easily removed or needs custom coding?

3 - The homepage search has set fields, however these will search custom fields as well. It would require customization if you're looking to add actual search fields outside of those on the homepage and refine results as seen on the demo site sidebar.

********* So I can "TELL" the field what to search for...tags etc?

4 - Yes there is a .csv importing tool built into the theme as shown on the Vantage admin demo. Thanks.
    ********* okay

Thanks
    1. No, there isn't really a specific theme we offer that is suitable for the project you describe which wouldn't involve customization. Information regarding our available themes can be found here.

2. The actual listing submission form has a map on page by default which you can view via the demo site which would require custom coding to remove, but the actual listing itself has the optional sidebar widget.

3. No, you can use keywords to specify what you want to search. As per the Vantage theme information page:

The most advanced & customizable as well as fastest WordPress search around gets even better in Vantage. Search across title, description, categories, tags, address, phone, facebook, twitter, an website URL and now you can even search through custom form field values as well!
    Thanks.

Unregistered

Bulk Template

May I see an example of the Bulk Listings Template - Per the info from the UI below?

Below you will find a tool which allows you to import content from other systems via a CSV (comma-separated values) file, which can be edited using a program like Excel. Note that the file must be in the correct format for the import tool to work. You will find an example .csv file in the "examples" theme folder.

Thanks
    The example template is provided with the theme files but this is not available outside of that, but basically it's just a file in .csv format which lays out the default fields required for the importer to work in terms of basic listing information. You can also find documentation relating to customizing this as well, here. Thanks.

Thread Information