Thread: Pre-buy questions

Unregistered

Pre-buy questions

I am interested in ClassiPress but have a few questions before buying.

1. Are the pages and options on each modifiable? I don't want my customers to have to register or sign in. Also, won't be starting with featured ads or anything like that. I basically just want my pages to be simple and not cluttered.

2. For the advanced searches, can my customers search by county as well? I would like the search to be set up for county, and then inside the specific county page, I want them to be able to search by item. Is this possible?

3. Do I have to have the customer ad management? I will be inputting all ads myself and won't need this at this time.

4. How much would everything I need cost to get me started?

Thank you!

Thanks
    In answer to your questions:

1. By default, users are required to register before they can post an ad, however plugins such as this can allow anonymous posting. Featured ads and use of the featured ads slider is optional based on ClassiPress settings. You can create custom ad listing forms if you're looking only at a specific set of fields, you can also determine the number of images from the admin dashboard.

2. The advanced search is visible in the category view sidebar, and there you can specify location based search fields as shown on the ClassiPress demo site. Outside of this, it would require customization on your part if you wanted to allow country selection first from the index page.

3. You can disable registration which means that others would be unable to register and post ads.

4. We sell only the themes, and pricing can be found here. You would need to organize hosting and domain name services yourself so the cost depends on who you sign up with. You can find information about our WordPress Hosting promotion here which could save you money on your theme purchase. Thanks.

Unregistered

Few more questions

Ok, thank you for your response. I just have couple more questions and would like to clarify.

1. So I can disable registration since I will be posting all ads myself? My customers will not have to register or sign up?

2. Am I able to upload my own logo to site and make it my own?

3. Is there an ad expiration notice for myself?

4. Is paypal built in to collect payments?

Thank you!

Thanks
    1. Yes, you can disable registration and yes you can enter ad listings from the back end yourself as the admin.

2. Yes, the AppThemes/ClassiPress logo is there by default but is easily replaced within the admin settings.

3. An email is automatically sent to the account attributed to the listings, so expiry emails are sent there, regardless of your admin status.

4. Yes, PayPal is the default payment gateway included with the theme, however you also have a manual bank transfer option you can use, as well as the option to purchase other payment gateway plugins from the AppThemes marketplace.

Unregistered

Vantage / payments made

Hi,
    The above all relate to Classi.
    Are there other means than PAYPAL in vantage for an advertiser to make payment?
    In particular can cash payment be made via bank and can they be made via Electronic Funds Transfer (between banks)?
    Thanks!

Unregistered

One last ? before purchase! :)

Thank you so much for your help! I am definitely going to purchase this theme, but was wondering what the Photoshop PSD files entail? The theme is $99, but the developer is $159. Can you just explain the difference between the two? Thanks again.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi,
    The above all relate to Classi.
    Are there other means than PAYPAL in vantage for an advertiser to make payment?
    In particular can cash payment be made via bank and can they be made via Electronic Funds Transfer (between banks)?
    Thanks!
    The manual bank transfer option is available in Vantage by default, and you can also find other payment gateway plugins in the AppThemes marketplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thank you so much for your help! I am definitely going to purchase this theme, but was wondering what the Photoshop PSD files entail? The theme is $99, but the developer is $159. Can you just explain the difference between the two? Thanks again.
    The Photoshop .psd files contain all of the layout/color/size information for all of the pages used within the theme, but you still need knowledge of .css in order to make use of the files, so if you don't have the ability to work with them, then it would be unlikely you'd have any use for them. Thanks.

Thread Information