Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd process etc

Thanks

Odd process etc

The HireBee theme, as I see it, needs further work. Right now I can't see that its possible to use it because of e.g. a difficult process which will just make web site users to be as confused as I am now.

* When a freelancer is about to make an offer/proposal on a project , he/she should be able to tick a radio button for "I accept the terms as stated in the project description", which would result in that the strange status "Discussing terms" never have to be an obstacle. The second radio button should be "Terms need to be negotiated", which would lead into the "Discussing terms" status.

* Also, when having these radio buttons, it should be possible to configure whether "Discussing terms" will ever be an option or not, that is, a checkbox in the admin settings for "Project terms negotiable". A project might very well have fix, non-negotiable, terms. Just look in the real world.

* I am running tests of this theme and I am stuck at where the project is "In development" status. How do the freelancer mark the project as finalized so that each party can give one another reviews? When escrow is disabled, will the payment ever be visible to the site running HireBee?

Other opinions

* it's hard for the freelancer to find, list and view its offers. Without the notifications, which themselves are a bit unclear, I don't find them at all. Maybe it would help if the Dashboard would show the number of projects, proposals, reviews etc, Right now, only the number of notifications are shown.

* it's hard for the project owner to find, list and view its current projects. Without the notifications, which themselves are a bit unclear, I don't find them at all, just a counter showing the _number_ of projects, offers etc that are
    Maybe it would help if the Dashboard would show the number of projects, proposals, reviews etc, Right now, only the number of notifications are shown.

* there should be a test mode for the escrow service too, I mean even as simple as being able to set it to paid status from within the admin section would help to get the process going.

* I can't see that the max number of skills is configurable (this is shown when you post a project). Is it? Right now I see max 3, but in the PO-file there is a variable for the number of skills so I guess I am missing something.

* export settings seem not to be possible

* When you post a project AND have the site translated to another language, "Post a Project" is still shown in the bar above the gathering of information about the project to be posted. The translation is ignored. (I have found more of these)

* when clicking on the top row "Hi, [username]" to show the Dashboard, the screen should be scrolled down to the dashboard. I believe many users will find the current setup to be difficult to grasp what is happening and thereby cause additional clicks.

General opinions (applicable to all or most of your themes):

* one thing that would be awesome, and this applies to more of your themes themes than this one (e.g. Taskerr), would be if you could provide a graphical process description, a flow chart or something like that. This would smoothen things very much and make the whole theme a lot easier to understand.

The themes are really nice. I bought your big dev pack the other day and I have great hopes that this will be just fine.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information