Thread: Expiration Dates Do Not Update On Upgrade

Thanks

Expiration Dates Do Not Update On Upgrade

This one is rather interesting as the CSV listing works better than the online create listing button for a change.... but still a problem.

If you create a 30 day listing from the CSV form and someone claims the listing, its theirs. If 15 days later they decide to upgrade to a featured package, the publish date is set for that day and the listing remains for 30 days. Great, works as it should.

If someone visits your site and creates a 30 day free listing from the button on our homepage, it works. If 15 days later they decide to upgrade to a 30 day feature on homepage listing, their listing gets upgraded to the featured spot and they get charged the full price. 15 days later, it expires. They get cheated out of 15 days. The publish date did not change so the listing expired even though they had 15 days left on their upgrade purchase. This is no good.

-------------------------------
    Temporary Workaround.

I edited my includes/email.php file so that the admin gets a cc for every purchase order. (The current system does not send a cc to the admin for an upgrade, only for the original purchase). Now, I have to check every sale to see if that is the first purchase or the second purchase within a 30 day period. I simply search my email with the title of the listing that was just purchased and see how many emails I received about that title being purchased from that owner. If I see two in 30 days, I login to the admin of my site and manually update the expiration. This sucks big time, but it works for now.

Add this line of code at line 57 includes/email.php if you want to have this same functionality. (And if you have a child theme, don't forget that the child theme fails to overwrite the vantage theme so you have to put it in the vantage folder and not your child theme. Yet another bug.)
    va_send_email( get_option( 'admin_email' ), $subject, $content );

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts

Thanks

Thread Information