Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check out my new site

Thanks

Check out my new site

Hey guys! I got my site up and running almost been up a month. I paid someone to install it for me cause i did not know I could just buy the script. So i don't have access to the forums for mod help, so I got to do all the mods myself. Please let me know what you guys think.

KnockoutCards - The Home of Sports Cards

Thanks
    I like how you got PM and favorites it's very nice, and also I see you use cometchat, witch is a very good chat platform, I use it my self.

I see you got an advertise button, I can recommend : http://www.oiopublisher.com/

Witch makes banner creating/ automatic advertising for customers much easier.

The design is a little too basic, just the same as classipress.

Thanks
    As spymare said: another plain installation.
    Good luck with your new site.
    Regards,

r u b e n c i o . c o m

Since 2010 providing AppThemes solutions,
    Plugins and the best childthemes...

Thanks
    Thanks spymare I will check that out. I know the look is standard classipress, but to call this a plain installation couldent be more wrong. I am not a pro at website design. But I have put a lot of hours in to this site. A on site messaging system is not standard, nor is a my favorites. Or adding a featured listing tab on the front page. To do this stuff may be easy for you. But this took me a lot of time and trial and error. To call my site plain install is pretty offending. If you think trashing someones site is a way to get them to buy your themes, then you are posting in the wrong thread.

Thanks
    It is not the intention to offend anyone, But we have just seen so many plain installations / very low modified classipress installations, that have been posted in the showcase, where about 90% are just plain installations, witch makes it a little boring .

Since you got the features i mentioned, I think it's worth a showcase.

Thanks
    Actually I am not trying to sale any childtheme since I'm only making custom development IN MY FREE TIME (and I have not too much last months)

So, if you do not like opinions then why you ask?
    I though rules for FREEDOM are simply clear.

Again: good luck in your new website!

r u b e n c i o . c o m

Thanks
    Though there are not many mods, one mod that you have made My Messages (0) on top which is displayed even to non-logged in users. This you can easily find whether a user is logged in or not and only display this if the user is logged in.
    Domain and Hosting - http://www.hadnow.com
    Clipper - http://www.bargainnext.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by classifiedsnext View Post
    Though there are not many mods, one mod that you have made My Messages (0) on top which is displayed even to non-logged in users. This you can easily find whether a user is logged in or not and only display this if the user is logged in.
    Thanks, I will go work on this now. I think the reason I did not do this before was i wanted to show that it has a messaging system.

Ok maybe i over reacted a little, but when something like cutting down the header size takes me a day to figure out, maybe you can see why i get offended. I actually really like the layout of Classipress. I havent seen any that I like better. My traffic has no idea what classipress is, so to them its a new layout. Maybe someday when my knowledge advances I will make myself a childtheme. For now I am 100% content on the look of it the way David made it.
    I am looking to do a few more things. Like on the listings, where the standard contact user is, I would like to add a feedback system. I really need to figure out how to make the featured listings stand out. I know there are tutorials on here, but like i said, I cant see them cause the guy that installed it for me made it seem like he made the script and the only way i could get it was to pay him to put it on my server.
    I really would like to get as much feedback as I can. I have made a lot of websites using scripts and a little code editing. But this is the first time that I am getting real traffic and users. I have just over 60 users and 95 listings. I have only been live a month. So people tell me not to make drastic changes cause that will irritate people. At the same time I know it can be better. So please if you have a idea and maybe a way advise me on how to go about doing it, I am all ears. Thanks to thoughs who have made very valuable suggestions already.

Thanks
    People do not feel comfortable facing drastic changes... but they LOVE user friendly websites, nice designs, incredible nice looking pages,,, so my advice it is to make your mods step by step, little by little, and allways fitting your clients needs.
    Best regards,

r u b e n c i o . c o m

Thanks
    So people tell me not to make drastic changes cause that will irritate people.
    is that people send you money ??????? no

I cant see them cause the guy that installed it for me made it seem like he made the script and the only way i could get it was to pay him to put it on my server
    I have made a lot of websites using scripts and a little code editing
    Look like a really good SCAM here
    Hey Man you win .....i'm sleeping

I am 100% content on the look of it the way David made it.
    need a better translator to ahahaha...!
    Best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information