Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Second hand airsoft trading site

Thanks
    Hi!! great site!!

I have this question: do you know an alternative to dlvrit, to automatic share in facebook? lately they have restricted a lot the free option, only three ads shared a day...

I'm looking for an automatic share in facebook that also shares in different fb pages depending on the category of the ad, and of course, if possible for free

If anybody knows.. please let me know!!

Thank you!!

Thanks
    Hi, thank you for the tutorial. I am using CP 4+. Could you please help me out with finding sidebar-contact.php file? It is nowhere to be found in my classipress. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, thank you for the tutorial. I am using CP 4+. Could you please help me out with finding sidebar-contact.php file? It is nowhere to be found in my classipress. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by dalemiles View Post
    Hey, g2eat.

Thanks, it was a full custom job, used ClassiPress as the base, then just built a child theme from scratch.
    Spent probably around 3 months on it on and off in the evenings, with probably a month or so of that time not doing anything overall.

Hadn't planned on selling it no, as its quite bespoke to my site. Yes there are elements I guess where could be make into a custom theme, but to be honest I think the marketplace is a little dead and not worth the effort to turning it into a general theme for everyone.

This is one of the reasons I've not pursued a private messaging system plugin I was going to make with FEP as the base (had an agreement with the owner). I don't think there is enough customes in the marketplace to make it worth while.

Ok, so I've not got time to write up the tutorial, but here is MY custom code to use FEP with ClassiPress (my actual version of the plugin has more customisation completed but this will get you started).
    This works with Front End PM v4.6.

In your functions.php file you need to add this block of code:

PHP Code:

//---------------------------------- PRIVATE MESSAGE SYSTEM FORM --------------------------------------
      function new_message_fep_shortcode($atts){
         global $user_ID, $post, $wp;

$token = fep_create_nonce('fep_message');

$to_id = $post->post_author;
         $to = get_the_author_meta('user_login', $to_id);
         $current_url = home_url(add_query_arg(array(),$wp->request));

ob_start();
         ?>
         <form class="form_contact" action="<?php echo esc_urlhome_url'messages/?fepaction=newmessage' ) ) ?>" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
              <input type="hidden" id="fep-message-top" name="message_top" autocomplete="off" value="<?php echo get_the_author_meta('display_name'$to_id); ?>">
              <input type="hidden" id="fep-message-to" name="message_to" autocomplete="off" value="<?php echo $to?>">

<label>Subject</label><br />
                   <input type="text" id="enq" name="message_title" placeholder="Subject" maxlength="65" value="" class="text">
                   <div class="clr"></div>
                <label>Message</label><br />
                <textarea id="enq" name="message_content" class="text"></textarea>

<input type='hidden' name='message_from' value='<?php echo $user_ID?>' />
            <input type='hidden' name='parent_id' value='<?php echo $parent_id?>' />
            <input type='hidden' name='token' value='<?php echo $token?>' /><br/>
            <input type='hidden' name='redirect' value='<?php echo $current_url?>' /><div class="clr"></div>
            <button type="submit" class="fep-button btn_orange" name="fep_action" value="newmessage">Send Message</button>
        </form>
        <?php

$newMsg 
    .= ob_get_contents();

ob_end_clean();
        echo 
    $newMsg;
        return 
    $newMsg;
       }

add_shortcode'new_message_fep''new_message_fep_shortcode' );
    In the code above for this section: <?php echo esc_url( home_url( 'messages/?fepaction=newmessage' ) ) ?>
    You need to replace 'messages' with the name of your page with the FEP shortcode on.
    eg www.yoursite.com/private-messages/ would mean the above code would be <?php echo esc_url( home_url( 'private-messages/?fepaction=newmessage' ) ) ?>

Then you need to open the sidebar-contact.php file which iirc is in your classipress/includes folder. (I've done things differently on my theme).
    You will need to remove the code for the contact form and replace it with: <?php do_shortcode("[new_message_fep]"); ?>

I think that's everything off the top of my head.

Thanks
    Hi, where is the file "sidebar-contact.php file"? I am not able to find it. I am using the latest version of classipress.

Quote Originally Posted by dalemiles View Post
    Hey, g2eat.

Thanks, it was a full custom job, used ClassiPress as the base, then just built a child theme from scratch.
    Spent probably around 3 months on it on and off in the evenings, with probably a month or so of that time not doing anything overall.

Hadn't planned on selling it no, as its quite bespoke to my site. Yes there are elements I guess where could be make into a custom theme, but to be honest I think the marketplace is a little dead and not worth the effort to turning it into a general theme for everyone.

This is one of the reasons I've not pursued a private messaging system plugin I was going to make with FEP as the base (had an agreement with the owner). I don't think there is enough customes in the marketplace to make it worth while.

Ok, so I've not got time to write up the tutorial, but here is MY custom code to use FEP with ClassiPress (my actual version of the plugin has more customisation completed but this will get you started).
    This works with Front End PM v4.6.

In your functions.php file you need to add this block of code:

PHP Code:

//---------------------------------- PRIVATE MESSAGE SYSTEM FORM --------------------------------------
      function new_message_fep_shortcode($atts){
         global $user_ID, $post, $wp;

$token = fep_create_nonce('fep_message');

$to_id = $post->post_author;
         $to = get_the_author_meta('user_login', $to_id);
         $current_url = home_url(add_query_arg(array(),$wp->request));

ob_start();
         ?>
         <form class="form_contact" action="<?php echo esc_urlhome_url'messages/?fepaction=newmessage' ) ) ?>" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
              <input type="hidden" id="fep-message-top" name="message_top" autocomplete="off" value="<?php echo get_the_author_meta('display_name'$to_id); ?>">
              <input type="hidden" id="fep-message-to" name="message_to" autocomplete="off" value="<?php echo $to?>">

<label>Subject</label><br />
                   <input type="text" id="enq" name="message_title" placeholder="Subject" maxlength="65" value="" class="text">
                   <div class="clr"></div>
                <label>Message</label><br />
                <textarea id="enq" name="message_content" class="text"></textarea>

<input type='hidden' name='message_from' value='<?php echo $user_ID?>' />
            <input type='hidden' name='parent_id' value='<?php echo $parent_id?>' />
            <input type='hidden' name='token' value='<?php echo $token?>' /><br/>
            <input type='hidden' name='redirect' value='<?php echo $current_url?>' /><div class="clr"></div>
            <button type="submit" class="fep-button btn_orange" name="fep_action" value="newmessage">Send Message</button>
        </form>
        <?php

$newMsg 
    .= ob_get_contents();

ob_end_clean();
        echo 
    $newMsg;
        return 
    $newMsg;
       }

add_shortcode'new_message_fep''new_message_fep_shortcode' );
    In the code above for this section: <?php echo esc_url( home_url( 'messages/?fepaction=newmessage' ) ) ?>
    You need to replace 'messages' with the name of your page with the FEP shortcode on.
    eg www.yoursite.com/private-messages/ would mean the above code would be <?php echo esc_url( home_url( 'private-messages/?fepaction=newmessage' ) ) ?>

Then you need to open the sidebar-contact.php file which iirc is in your classipress/includes folder. (I've done things differently on my theme).
    You will need to remove the code for the contact form and replace it with: <?php do_shortcode("[new_message_fep]"); ?>

I think that's everything off the top of my head.

Thanks
    wow a nice site...
    Please have a time to look @ my website. and leave a comment on how to make it better thanks
    My Website

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echo08 View Post
    wow a nice site...
    Thank you, it's changed a fair bit since the start, now has a fully custom child theme I developed.

Thanks
    Great looking website. Lot of custom stuff as well. Well done
    Carnavalmarkt.nl - My Dutch classifieds page for all things related to Carnaval!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information