Thread: Add city, change colour, change tables

few questions

Add city, change colour, change tables

Hello,

Can anyone please help to answer these questions:
    1. I do not want to use the map on my website. Is it possible to add cities to search option (same as 'Categories' and 'Events') and if yes how?
    2. For my site I want to use yellow colour which is not listed in your options (green, orange, blue, etc). Is it possible and how do I change main search table colour, and also little stickers on left/right with names such as categories, essential info, even date/time, etc?
    3. On your vantage demo http://demos.appthemes.com/?theme=vantage there are only 3 columns when hovering over the categories link (American, Grocery, Pizzas). How can I add another column?

Thank you for helping

Thanks
    1. If you're just referring to the main map on the demo site homepage, this is an optional widget which you can choose not to use. If you refer to location selection and "near" search in the main searchbar, these would require customization on your part to remove them as there is no setting to disable them from the Vantage admin dashboard. AppThemes doesn't officially support customizations, or offer these services, however we do have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire who are experienced at working with our themes.

2. & 3. Again, these are customizations you can make, however we do not provide support/instructions for these changes. We recommend the use of a child theme if you are looking to make such changes as this will prevent you losing all of your modifications in the process of an update.

Thanks.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pepsi For This Useful Post:

ilgelo (March 2nd, 2014)

Unregistered

How about Multi-City or User Locator plugins?

Hello Pepsi,
    Thank you for reply. I was checking few plugins, thus another question. Would it be possible to adapt Multi-City AV in such way:

- Change the drop down menu to expanding menu 'Cities' same as 'Categories' on the main searchbar, where categories would be districts and subcategories would be cities/towns ? http://demos.themebound.com/?product=vantage-multi-city
    and
    - Place this expanding menu 'Cities' on the main searchbar next to 'Categories', 'Event Categories'?
    And all above without destroying other functionalities of the script?

I was also thinking of buying User Locator for Vantage. However, I'm bit worried whether this plugin would retrieve a user location in one of them poor countries, where internet is working only in big cities? Does it matter really, as long as each listing would be created with the provided Google locator tool?

Thanks
    To clarify, the Multi-city AV plugin is not created by AppThemes, so if you're looking for specific clarification relating to its functionality or other questions relating to it, you may like to communicate directly with the plugin developer by posting in the comments tab of the marketplace page. This is also the case for the user locator plugin. Thanks.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pepsi For This Useful Post:

ilgelo (March 2nd, 2014)

Thread Information