Thread: PreSale Question About Clipper Theme & Cj.com plugin (confusion & need clarity lol)

Unregistered

PreSale Question About Clipper Theme & Cj.com plugin (confusion & need clarity lol)

Okay, I've been stalking you guys for a while with this theme. I've done my research and everyone says that the love the aesthetics, and that this is better than coupon press. Right now, I work for a huge company that was developed upon the CouponPress theme and I've become greatly accustomed to it. Yet, your Clipper theme just seems "easier" to manager...so far! I have a people up my sleeve to make this venture of mine a very successful one...and have a ton of contacts to get approved for just about every single CJ affiliate partner there is, as well as from other Aff companies (linkshare, Ebay Associates, etc.). So, I really want this to be smooth and painless before I purchase and set everything up:
    1. The blog portion: I'm confused on how to do a blog post on the blog? With taxonomy of posts & categories, how do I get my blog posts going and such?
    2. With the cj.com plugin, do they auto-delete from an expiry tag? I know there's an auto delete button mark to check in the back end. With Couponpress, as long as I'm logged in, I can look at my front end and delete all necessary coupon codes/sales/promotions thats going on very easy. I want to keep an up to date and clean database.
    3. With the cj.com plugin, do stores and categories autopopulate? Or do I have to go in and populate them? With CouponPress (with the help of developers, of course), there was a function for me to just go in and make things easier.I just don't want to have to do double and triple work for myself. I want to keep it streamlined and seamless. (hope this makes sense).
    4. With the ClipperTheme and cj.com plugin: all of my aff codes are populated with each sale/coupon code/promotion that's going on. Then the main categories have their own aff links. Is there a way to easily change out aff links? For example, with the transition of GAN to other sites...I had to go in and swap out all of my aff links and there's a spot to put in who my Aff company is. (This has been a big head ache for me! lol. Very time consuming, to say the least!).
    5. I just want to get money rolling in before hiring a developer to take over visual control and re-vamp things for me, so I certainly apologize for all of the questions. Cj.com just seems like a brainless way to start with all of my awesome contacts. Later on I will want to add in banners and ads from people that have purchased spots from me :)
    6. I would really like to know the difference of categories & posts from CouponPress then that of the Clipper Theme. My mind is trained for CouponPress, so I want to be able to easily translate all of that information I have in my brain to think like Clipper.

Thank you so much for your time and effort in your responses. I'll be keeping eye up with any other follow up questions!

Thanks
    I'll do my best to answer your questions, and for anything I'm not sure of I'll get the answers ;) :

1. All of our themes use WordPress custom post types functionality, and in the case of Clipper, coupons that are posted are filed under "Coupons" and blog posts are "Posts" (like on a regular WP theme). Blog posts are created from the back end only by those with relevant permissions, and posts made there will simply appear under the blog . You can see these different post types on the Clipper admin demo here.

2. You have the option in the Clipper admin to set whether or not expired coupons are pruned from the front end, but you can also manually manage coupons from the wp-admin as well - I'll need to clarify with our team regarding if the CJ jobs are handled the same way.

A cron job runs once a day and automatically removes all expired coupons from your site (does not delete them, just changes the post status to draft). If no is selected, the coupon will remain live on your site, marked as expired, and moved under the "unreliable coupons" section.
    3. On the plugin settings page you will find "Create Categories" and "Create Stores" options, if both are checked, imported coupons will automatically create categories and stores.

4. I will ask our team for clarification of this question.

5. No problem, it's good to get these questions answered before you go ahead and buy anything ;)

6. I'm personally not familiar with how CouponPress works and whether or not they use custom post types? But as Clipper has a built in .csv importer, it should be relatively straightforward to import the data anyway. Although we don't offer customization and setup services, we do have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire who are familiar with working with our themes if you do end up needing help with the initial setup.

We'll post again with clarification of 2 & 4 as soon as possible. Thanks.

Unregistered
    You're amazing! TY! I'll look forward to the rest of the info :)

Thanks
    Sorry for the delay, here's the updated info on the other questions:

RE 2: Yes, Clipper's 'prune option' takes care of removing coupons, coupons from CJ do not differ from usual ones and the same rules apply.
    RE 4: Clipper offers the option to add affiliate links to stores, each coupon is assigned to store and category, if a coupon has no affiliate url added ('destination url'), the store affiliate url will be used for this coupon.
    Hope this information helps. Thanks :)

Unregistered
    Thank you so much for all of this great information!!!

Thanks
    You're welcome :)

Thread Information