Thread: Received email re discontinuing of Bing Maps for Enterprise

Thanks

Received email re discontinuing of Bing Maps for Enterprise

Hi, I am using the AppMaps-Bing plugin on my site (AppThemes AppMaps - Bing Map Provider and Geocoder), it's been working well.

I just received an email re the discontinuing of Bing Maps for Enterprise, is this change going to effect this plugin? Here is what they stated:

--------------------------------------------------------

Dear Bing Maps for Enterprise customer,

On May 21, 2024, we shared our vision for a single enterprise mapping platform at Microsoft and that we are unifying our Bing Maps for Enterprise offering under Azure Maps. This means that going forward, Azure Maps will combine the best of Bing Maps for Enterprise and Azure Maps. Today we are announcing that as part of these unification efforts, Bing Maps for Enterprise will be retired. The ability to purchase Bing Maps for Enterprise SKUs and the availability of the Bing Maps for Enterprise services will end according to the following timeline:

- Customers using Bing Maps for Enterprise Basic or Free license will no longer be able to use Bing Maps for Enterprise services beyond June 30, 2025.

(a) Basic / Free Licenses customers who would like to continue using enterprise maps from Microsoft are encouraged to move to Azure Maps before June 30, 2025.

(b) Existing Basic / Free Licenses customers who would like to continue using Bing Maps for Enterprise until the service end date of June 30, 2028, can upgrade to a paid Enterprise License by contacting maplicq@microsoft.com before June 30, 2025.

- Bing Maps for Enterprise services will retire, and support will end on June 30, 2028, and customers will no longer be able to use any of the Bing Maps for Enterprise services.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,395 Times in 3,266 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information