Thread: Add a Blog?

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Add a Blog?

Is there anyway to add a section to the template that would allow to run an actual blog on the theme?

The idea here is to have a "news" link on the top and when people click on it, it will bring them to blog posts within the theme template that I will write regarding local news issues.

you can check out my site at pittandsecond.com

Thanks

Re: Add a Blog?

I personally have a second instance of WP installed for my homepage/blog, and quite like that it is separate from the ClassiPress theme as "maintenance mode" won't effect my whole site. If I'm working on ClassiPress, I direct users via the maintenance message, to my forums instead while they're waiting to get back in..

Thanks

If you run classipress standalone, then you cannot have a blog section unless you create another instance of WP. This feature is on the product roadmap but there hasn't been too many requests for it.

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

The main reason I was hoping on integrating a blog into the main design is to blog about local news and stuff. Since my classified ad website is for my city, I thought by having a blog integrated into the design ...posting about local happening could increase SEO and get more people using the ad site itself.

Has anyone created a second instance of WP to use as a blog, but kept the same look and feel of classipress?

Thanks

I recommend what Pepsi has done. Create a WP site & blog at your root and then setup a new instance of WP with classipress one level below it. This works well for accomplishing what you are looking to do.

http://www.yourmainsite.com <-- main instance of WP
    http://www.yourmainsite.com/classifieds <-- another instance of WP using classipress

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dcowgill
    If you run classipress standalone, then you cannot have a blog section unless you create another instance of WP. This feature is on the product roadmap but there hasn't been too many requests for it.
    Hmmm, this was the first thing I wondering about.
    It woulb be nice to hide a category from the classified menu and use a different template for this cat.

Regards

Regards from Germany,

Lobo (fatboy)

Thread Information