Thread: Auto category creation from post ad page

Thanks

Auto category creation from post ad page

Usually in wordpress when we create posts we have the choice of specifying a new category. Is it possible to do this for the post ad field. Suppose we don't have a relevant category can we have a separate field if filled will create the ad in that specific category pending approval and then while approving ads the admin can decide wether he would encourage the category or not. This would also help to not have empty categories.

Suppose I have no category for Cameras and then a user posted an ad for a camera. He should be able to specify Camera as the category and this category has to be added automatically. The admin can then decide to change the category or move the category to a more relevant category if it exists.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts

Re: Auto category creation from post ad page

Though it sounds good but I find it counter productive. If you allow the users to make their own category you will be filling up your site with a bunch of posts with a lot of category. Not to mention ruining the look of your classifieds site with categories only individual users could think of.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks

In case category is specified. The category and ad comes in for approval. And the webmaster or moderator can decide whether the new category is required or can be accomodated into existing category

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Cheers and we look forward to your Forum Favourites selections!

pret auto

Thread Information