Thread: Backing Up Clasipress Database

Thanks

Unhappy Backing Up Clasipress Database

Does anybody now if the wordpress / classipress combo will always need to rely on a wordpress database backup plugin such as lester chan's WP-DBManager?

Could there be an automatic backup utility created by David (the developer of Classipress) that would be part of the core going forward?

Just curious.

Thanks

tb
    [CENTER]

TreasureValleyBusiness.com

[/CENTER]

Thanks

Re: Backing Up Clasipress Database

Not sure what your asking, Lesters plugin can be set to do everything auto if you wish it to. If you dont want to back up your site you dont have to though, i never do.
    Eric is best known in the forum for his in depth tutorials. He started in design 4 years ago and then discovered WordPress and has been coding and hacking themes and plugins ever since. He's quite helpful if you have any questions for him in the forum. Eric also makes his own WordPress themes and plugins and provides ClassiPress consulting on the side. David Cowgill - (Owner of Classipress)

Thanks

You may not backup your database but I will backup mine without question. If you are running a classifieds just for fun, don't back the database, I am not running a classifieds just for fun.

Lesters backup plugin is great, and works fine, however, I understand Lester will no longer be supporting his plugins, therefore, I asked the question base on this knowledge.
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tbase
    You may not backup your database but I will backup mine without question. If you are running a classifieds just for fun, don't back the database, I am not running a classifieds just for fun.

Lesters backup plugin is great, and works fine, however, I understand Lester will no longer be supporting his plugins, therefore, I asked the question base on this knowledge.
    I really wasn't telling you not to back up your site, but ok. I wassnt sure what you were asking so i was letting you know that its not required for wordpress/classipress to be backed up. Not sure you should phrase something like that with someone trying to help you. Lester himself isnt doing support but there will be many in his forum that still will be. I have never had any issues with any of his plugins so i cant see needing support for a whole lot.
    Eric is best known in the forum for his in depth tutorials. He started in design 4 years ago and then discovered WordPress and has been coding and hacking themes and plugins ever since. He's quite helpful if you have any questions for him in the forum. Eric also makes his own WordPress themes and plugins and provides ClassiPress consulting on the side. David Cowgill - (Owner of Classipress)

Thanks

Unhappy Re: Backing Up Clasipress Database

Hi Eric, please accept my apology for my last comment.

What I would like to know is if you are running a classipress classifieds site with paying customers and the database crashes, what would you do as far as getting your site back online as soon as possible if you are not backing up your database daily?

Thank you, and have a nice weekend.

tb

Quote Originally Posted by taylerj
    Quote Originally Posted by tbase

I really wasn't telling you not to back up your site, but ok. I wassnt sure what you were asking so i was letting you know that its not required for wordpress/classipress to be backed up. Not sure you should phrase something like that with someone trying to help you. Lester himself isnt doing support but there will be many in his forum that still will be. I have never had any issues with any of his plugins so i cant see needing support for a whole lot.
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Thread Information