Thread: BCC of email ad enquiries - Please help.

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

BCC of email ad enquiries - Please help.

Hi, I would like to know when people are emailing an enquiry about an ad. I was thinking of a BCC. Is there a way to modify the code so that I can receive a duplicate email?

Thanks

Re: BCC of email ad enquiries - Please help.

You'll want to edit the single.php and try adding a bcc statement to this

Code:
    mail($receiver_email,$subject2,$body,"From: $email2");
    Code:
    mail($receiver_email,$subject2,$body,"From: $email2","Bcc:youremail@domain.com");
    That might do it otherwise play around with it and read more about the php mail function until it works properly.

Thanks

I would definitely be interested in this too.. if someone works it out, please post the info! I just tried looking in the folder suggested but couldn't find the file to edit

Thanks

My mistake. Edit the single.php file instead.

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi
    I would definitely be interested in this too.. if someone works it out, please post the info! I just tried looking in the folder suggested but couldn't find the file to edit

Thanks

Thanks Dave. I made the change as suggested, tested it out and I think it works..kind of? Might just need something else to fix it up?

I have a couple of ads on my website which are things I am selling, so to test it out I sent an e-mail from a different address. I then expected to see 2 e-mails in my inbox..one directly to the ad poster address, and another bcc version.

What I got was (I think) only the bcc one...as instead of showing the senders e-mail address - it shows the host mailbox address as the "from" (although the body of the e-mail shows the sender details).. So it appears the actual e-mail the ad poster should receive, didn't come through? Maybe my test method was flawed and I need to test it using a third e-mail address as the bcc?

Like you said, it might take some playing around with, so I will wait for someone to figure it out and hopefully post here

Thanks

A private messaging system like on a forum would be great. There are many benefits of a PM system.

- Admin can monitor for spammers and ban them.

- When a PM is sent, an email notification is send to Seller. Seller and Buyer have to come back to your classified to read their PM, this bring a lot of return traffic.

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Has anyone found a fix to this? The only way to truly gauge how well your site is doing is to know how many contacts are being made...not to mention that the contact information is extremely important data to anyone trying to run a successful website.

I am sure there is a simple fix. The one suggested above does not work. Anyone?

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

::bump::

Thanks

I actually had a mistake in the sample above (which has now been corrected) which explains the weirdness Pepsi. BTW, this code will be better written in 3.0.

For a fix until then, try this instead and let me know if it worked:
    Code:
    mail($receiver_email,$subject2,$body,"From: $email2","Bcc:youremail@domain.com");
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsi
    Thanks Dave. I made the change as suggested, tested it out and I think it works..kind of? Might just need something else to fix it up?

I have a couple of ads on my website which are things I am selling, so to test it out I sent an e-mail from a different address. I then expected to see 2 e-mails in my inbox..one directly to the ad poster address, and another bcc version.

What I got was (I think) only the bcc one...as instead of showing the senders e-mail address - it shows the host mailbox address as the "from" (although the body of the e-mail shows the sender details).. So it appears the actual e-mail the ad poster should receive, didn't come through? Maybe my test method was flawed and I need to test it using a third e-mail address as the bcc?

Like you said, it might take some playing around with, so I will wait for someone to figure it out and hopefully post here

Thanks

This code worked perfectly for me.

Code:
    I receive the sender and ad owner email as well as the content of the message.

thanks david!

Thread Information