Thread: Cant view user pages.

Thanks

Cant view user pages.

Has most of you know i do a ton of custom work here for people. This has been kinda hard though considers that i can not view any user pages at all. I cant view author, user dashboard, or user profile pages on either my home server or my 1and1 hosting. has anyone else had this problem?
    Eric is best known in the forum for his in depth tutorials. He started in design 4 years ago and then discovered WordPress and has been coding and hacking themes and plugins ever since. He's quite helpful if you have any questions for him in the forum. Eric also makes his own WordPress themes and plugins and provides ClassiPress consulting on the side. David Cowgill - (Owner of Classipress)

Thanks

Re: Cant view user pages.

I just looked at your site and was able to view the site and auctions fine.

1&1 is a really tough company to deal with as I have not had success with them in the past.
    Always treat everyone with respect and courtesy, but trust no one.

Thanks

Im not sure what site your speaking of. if your talking about segdirectory.com its v2.0.6 and has no built in user pages.
    Eric is best known in the forum for his in depth tutorials. He started in design 4 years ago and then discovered WordPress and has been coding and hacking themes and plugins ever since. He's quite helpful if you have any questions for him in the forum. Eric also makes his own WordPress themes and plugins and provides ClassiPress consulting on the side. David Cowgill - (Owner of Classipress)

Thanks

my online test site is here: http://vasthtml.com/preview/classipressone/

Thanks

I created an account and posted an ad. The profile page is nowhere to be found.
    Hmm... did you remember to chmod those files? See: http://wpclassipress.com/install/ I seem to remember someone else having the same problem.
    The search button. Your new best friend.
    - Dubya

Thanks

Well i got most of it working with your help thanks. However.. when viewing an add i can click on the authoers name which takes me to a /author/username page that does not seem to exists. Is the page suppose to be here?

Thanks

You got the Dashboard working, I see.
    The "My Profile" link within the dashboard now works too!
    Clicking my name on the actual ad does not work.

I'd walk through the install guide again. Make sure all the files are in the right place and have the correct permissions... bet ya missed something.

*edit: Did you see this post? http://wpclassipress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=369
    A similar problem was caused by permlink settings.
    The search button. Your new best friend.
    - Dubya

Thanks

hmm everything looks ok. i dont know why it isnt showing the profiles when i click on a users name in the ad. I have a client that wants me to add some things to the user profile, which is a bit hard when i cant see them haha.

*UPDATE! I just got the pages working.. somewhat.... for some reason when i go to another persons profile its showing me my avatar

Thread Information