Thread: Different categories, different layout/theme?

Thanks

Different categories, different layout/theme?

With a regular wordpress theme, I can design completely separate category.php files (category1.php, category3.php and so on) and do different things for each category. Either I stayed up too late last nite and am totally missing something, or this isn't possible with the Classipress theme. Am I missing something? Should I be able to do this? Or has this feature been stripped out somehow in the theme?
    ~Ramsey

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts

Re: Different categories, different layout/theme?

It can definitely done with Classipress. Just tinker with the "if category" and or post template functions or you can hire a programmer to do it for you.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks

Thanks Jomark! I thought it could be! Like I said, I stayed up pretty late working on it and right now I have a screaming 18mo pulling my arms off (LOL) so I wasn't sure if I was just simply overlooking something or if it was somehow hardcoded into the theme to not work.
    ~Ramsey

Thanks

I knew it was something stupid......... I worked all day (granted I had an 18mo crawling on my head and screaming at me - she's quite demanding)... but end the end know what it was? The category I was trying to change is id#12. I had "category12.php" and it should have been "category-12.php" (note the absence of the dash between the word and the cat id number). HOLY CRUD!
    ~Ramsey

Thread Information