Thread: End/ Edit Item Feature

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

End/ Edit Item Feature

Well, I must say I was very excited about this new release, mainly because I was anticipating the ability to allow users to both edit and end there listings. The other features are great but this is the most important feature to me.

When I checked the site today in anticipation for the new release, I dident see anything mentioned about this feature. Excitement deflated...

This forum post is just created to gain support for this feature. If we show enough demand for this feature I bet it will be added. Please leave other feature requests for another post, but if you think the ability to allow users to edit or at the very least end there listing add your support here.

To me this is the most important feature that could be added...

Thanks

Re: End/ Edit Item Feature

Thanks for starting this topic Ostey. It will be interesting to see how many others agree with you.

The end/edit feature was postponed for several reasons and would have delayed the release of v2.8 by several weeks. Making some key infrastructure changes was more important for v2.8 so we will be able to build on top of a now sturdy ClassiPress foundation.

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Thanks, I am glad you dident take this in the wrong way. I, like you am interested in seeing who else is interested in this feature.

To me this is just about all that is missing with the theme, I cant imagine posting a classified on craigslist for example and then having to email the admin and then wait for it to be removed, that is what I am trying to avoid with my own classipress site.

I am glad that you feel better about the foundation of the theme, now I will just keep my fingers crossed that this foundation gets a nice end/edit item feature built on it.

Thanks

Last question for the night (you've convinced me to purchase especially after all of the promptly answered questions.)

Regarding the Edit/Delete issue. You mentioned somewhere else in the forum (which I can't find now) that the problem was that not everyone would register an account. If a person *did* register, I assume they still wouldn't be able to edit the ad.

What are the perks of registration? To remember certain bits of info like Name, phone, email, etc?

If a registered user is logged in with the intention of posting say 5 ads, do they have to pay for each individual ad in succession (post, pay, post, pay, post, pay) or can they pay for all of the postings at once?

Thanks again!

Thanks

So the perks of registration primarily serve as a security measure for posting ads. It also pre-populates some fields if you are posting a new ad which saves them time. They can also login to your WordPress instance with limited access unless you password protect your /wp-admin/ directory. For multiple ads they do need to pay for each post one at a time.

In the next release ClassiPress will be leveraging the user accounts so posters can view their old and current listings with options to edit, delete, and/or relist their ads. If users don't register, they won't be able to have access to these features thus making registration more important.

Hope that answers all your questions! I need to get to bed too.

Thread Information