Thread: Getting error when I try to activate theme

Thanks

Getting error when I try to activate theme

I bought the single license version, downloaded it successfully, unzipped/extracted all files to my computer, and then uploaded it via FTP to my host (mediatemple.net), and I uploaded the file to my WordPress>Themes file.

When I logged into my WordPress account to activate the ClassiPress theme, I clicked the activate button then tried to view my blog and it gave me the following fatal error.

Warning: main(/nfs/c05/h01/mnt/69903/domains/darkcattle.com/html/wp-content/wp-config.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /nfs/c05/h01/mnt/69903/domains/darkcattle.com/html/wp-content/themes/classipress-2.9.1-single-no-credit (1)/classipress/classifiedform/classifiedform.class.php on line 3

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/nfs/c05/h01/mnt/69903/domains/darkcattle.com/html/wp-content/wp-config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-4.4.8-1/share/pear') in /nfs/c05/h01/mnt/69903/domains/darkcattle.com/html/wp-content/themes/classipress-2.9.1-single-no-credit (1)/classipress/classifiedform/classifiedform.class.php on line 3

Anyone have any tips? I even ended up deleting the classipress files and I had to delete the WordPress files from my host and PC. Then I re-download both again, once I activated the theme again I got the same error.

I left it installed this time so that someone here could view it and hopefully help me out.

My URL is: http://DarkCattle.com

Thanks

Re: Getting error when I try to activate theme

Rename the theme directory from "classipress-2.9.1-single-no-credit (1)" to just "classipress". That should fix it.

Thanks

Thanks,

I renamed the folder classipress but I'm still getting the error when I try to activate the theme.

This is how I have the folders set up in my host: Server Home/domains/darkcattle.com/html/wp-content/themes/classipress

Any other thoughts? I've downloaded and installed classipress twice (I deleted the first download from my host before I uploaded the second classipress install).

Thanks

Ok, I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was just trying to FTP the entire ClassiPress download into the themes folder. I fixed this by opening up the main zip file, extracting all files, then uploading the "classipress" file to my host's WP-themes directory. Then I put the "plugins" folder that came with classipress into my hosts WP-plugins directory and activated the classipress theme through my wordpress admin.

Was this correct?

Also, what should I do with the psds file that came with ClassiPress? RIght now it's sitting in my WP-Themes directory. Should I move it to WP-Images directory?

Thanks

The psds are there if you want to make visual changes.
    Remove them from your server and keep them local if you want to use them.

Thread Information