Thread: Header Logo Alignment Issues

Thanks

Header Logo Alignment Issues

I replaced the Classipress Logo with my own 980 x 120 .png logo. However, when I go to my home page, I have some residual white space on the left hand side of my logo that I can't get rid of. I figure my new header logo is sized properly. It almost seems like a small portion of my logo is being cut off.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get rid of this? It is very noticeable. I'm not all that handy at coding, but I do know how to access the code using Filezilla.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks

Re: Header Logo Alignment Issues

I was able to figure out my problem using Google Chrome's Inspect Element Tool. I understand it to be the equivalent of Firebug to a certain extent.

Using the tool, I realized the padding setting in "#header" in the master.css should be set to 0 instead of the setting I had, 20. I was actually able to use the tool to change the padding setting to see what change would happen. I changed the 20 to 0, using the tool, and it fixed my alignment issues. The way I understand it, you can't save the changes using the Inspect Element Tool, but at least you can see the changes in real time. I was able to use the information to make the changes directly to the master.css file using Filezilla. And since you can't save the changes, you seem to be free to experiment to your hearts content.

Because of the information given to me using the Inspect Element Tool, I was quickly able to find the setting I needed to change, saved it, reloaded my page, and my header was now perfectly aligned.

As I mentioned when I previously posted, I have no programming experience, and even less with style sheets, but it's all somewhat intuitive.

Thread Information