Thread: How to display a category in a new custom page

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

How to display a category in a new custom page

Hi guys, this is a follow up to another post I wrote. I realized that I probably wasn't clear with what I wanted.

Basically, what I want to achieve is this:

I want to create a new custom page that displays a specific category. Basically, I'm on the Home Pahe, where I have all my categories listed, and when a click on one I land on a template page (called results.php ore similar) where that specific category or sub category is displayed.

The reason for doing this, well, as it stands now, I have a page with all categories on it, when I click on a specific category I get the results withing the same page (index.php in this case) The category links are static so the results appear below them, which doesn't look good. Please see for yourself (http://www.classificats-catala.com/categoria/habitatge/)
    This is a resulting url from a category, and as you can see, the results are below the categories...

I hope it's clear, I'm a complete php noob, please help classipress gurus!!

Thanks

Re: How to display a category in a new custom page

Looks like you have done pretty well with your site so far for a "noob"

My only suggestion is that if you don't have someone willing to post a tutorial for you that you may want to look for a coder for hire, perhaps in the theme services thread..

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Re: How to display a category in a new custom page

Thanks, that's what I have done, I think I might have found a way around it... I will post it if it works!

Thread Information