Thread: How is everyone updating ad photos?

Thanks

How is everyone updating ad photos?

Since users cannot update the photos in their ad, we have to do it for them. I'm curious how everyone else is doing this?

I've created a form using cFormsII that allows the user to upload 6 images. When I get the email, I know what folder their images got saved to and what their filenames are. I then plug this information into an Excel spreadsheet to create the data for the "images" custom field in the post. I simply copy/paste the image filenames out of Excel into that custom field, then save the post.

Example:
    Code:
    http://arizonaohvclassifieds.com/wp-content/uploads/cforms/13-IMG_0517.JPG,http://arizonaohvclassifieds.com/wp-...3-IMG_0521.JPG
    cForms allows you to enforce file sizes (in the form's design properties) so I can make the user submit only 1MB photos.

I'm not looking forward to doing this long term.

Somebody please come up with a solution for updating ad photos!

-Jeff

Thanks

Re: How is everyone updating ad photos?

I managed to add a little workflow to the edit form. At the bottom, I display the images and below that I have a message and link to the photo update form.

If anyone wants the details, let me know.

Thanks

Ok I have managed to get image editing working. Iv been able to incorporate it into tpl-edit-ad.php. Im mailing the same to David to test out. It seems to be working fine locally for me. He may have to check and see if some tweaks are required. Prob might need to tweak the way error or status messages are displayed. Also will have to see if you would need to place the thumbnails more effectively using css. I'm not really good at coding both php and css. Iv borrowed most of pre existing code to implement the same. Just used a bit of logic on my end with array functions. Wait for David to release the same.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jschodde
    I managed to add a little workflow to the edit form. At the bottom, I display the images and below that I have a message and link to the photo update form.

If anyone wants the details, let me know.
    YES! I'd like to know!

Thanks

I really don't know why David hasn't yet posted the update. He hasn't replied to me either. The same has been posted on another thread

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=947&start=0

Anyway for sometime here is a download link off my personal website.

http://www.kiranthomman.com/downloads/editad.zip

Just unzip and replace it with the edit ad template in your classipress folder and you should be ready to go.

Thanks

Updating them? I'd be happy to have them show in the first place.

Thanks

jakesterz My update enables you to update photos you have uploaded that is delete old ones and add new ones. I see that you are a classipro how come images dont display for you?

Thanks

Nice work everyone....I am impressed with the level of creativity! Not to worry, CP 3.0 will officially give you much more control of image management. You'll be able to specify the max number of images per ad and allow your ad owners to edit their existing ad images. Here's a comp of what it should look like.

Many thanks to thomman for providing the initial code for this.

[attachment=0:3pok8cnc]new-edit-ad-page.gif[/attachment:3pok8cnc]

Thanks

Wow! 3.0 is coming out ? When? I was just going to complete hacks on design on 2.9 to make it usable for me the coming week. Is the flow totally different from 2.9 as suggested elsewhere earlier? Should I wait? Could you share some info on this so I need not waste time hacking on 2.9.

Thanks

UPDATE: I no longer use this process since someone was gracious enough to provide us with the ad edit form with photo replacement feature.

Quote Originally Posted by jschodde
    Since users cannot update the photos in their ad, we have to do it for them. I'm curious how everyone else is doing this?

I've created a form using cFormsII that allows the user to upload 6 images. When I get the email, I know what folder their images got saved to and what their filenames are. I then plug this information into an Excel spreadsheet to create the data for the "images" custom field in the post. I simply copy/paste the image filenames out of Excel into that custom field, then save the post.

Example:
    Code:
    http://arizonaohvclassifieds.com/wp-content/uploads/cforms/13-IMG_0517.JPG,http://arizonaohvclassifieds.com/wp-...3-IMG_0521.JPG
    cForms allows you to enforce file sizes (in the form's design properties) so I can make the user submit only 1MB photos.

I'm not looking forward to doing this long term.

Somebody please come up with a solution for updating ad photos!

-Jeff

Thread Information