Thread: Im a newbe: where do start, literally?

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Im a newbe: where do start, literally?

Like I said, I am new to classipress and wp. I would really love some help on whdre to start my work. Meaning Im not sure where to start designing and working on the look and feel of my site. How do I use a template of my chosing for my homepage and create a button on that, that will take customers to my classified sectiom without using a wp theme as my homepage? Also when i am done how do I get it published on my hostgator account? ANY help would be appritiated very much.

Thanks

Re: Im a newbe: where do start, literally?

Just want to confirm (since you are posting in the version 2.9.3 or earlier section of these forums), are you looking for help installing that older version, or the current version 3.0.2?

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Yes, it is the older 2.9 I dont know if I should be creating in wp or cp dashboard. Do I make the changes I want in classipress admin or wordpress admin? Thats how novice I am. I can usually figure things out but getting frustrated.

Thanks

ClassiPress is a WordPress theme, so you need to have WordPress installed first. Once the ClassiPress theme is activated you can configure it from within the admin dashboard.

If you have just purchased ClassiPress, I am unsure how you have ended up with the older version?

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Pepsi- I have both Classipress and Wordpress. I guess my question is do I configuremy site from classipress admin (dashboard) or wordpress (dashboard)? Does that make better sense?

Thanks

I am happy to provide more assistance with installation when you can verify your Classipress licence information. Nothing personal, but this is because only 3.0.2 is available to download via the ejunkie, so I am unsure how you only recently obtained 2.9.x. Please PM me your ejunkie information. Thanks.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

I made the puchase the week before 3.0 became avail. not sure how I can prove this. I have an email reciept of my purchase. I made the purchase directly through Classipress. I don't even know what ejunkie is. Sorry, I just dont understand what you need to see...

Thanks

It's very easy to prove actually, it just involves you copying the information from your confirmation email which includes your invoice #, licence information etc, pasting it in a PM to me, and then this can be checked against the licence holders information we have.

When you purchase Classipress, the only way you can obtain the actual theme is via the email you are sent back which contains an ejunkie link (which is where you then download the files).

As you can imagine we get a lot of people who have illegally downloaded ClassiPress and then come to these forums expecting support. I tend give everyone the benefit of the doubt in terms of being legitimate, which is why I am giving you the opportunity to send me the information so I can help you with your setup. Thanks.

Thread Information