Thread: Images or thumbnails not displaying

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Images or thumbnails not displaying

Hi Guys i purchased classipress last week. I have got all setup as per the instructions. My only problem is that the thumbnails or images will not display. I have permissions etc all setup 777 on the upload folders. Everything else works according to plan. Could it be some hosting issue? They worked at the beginning but not now. My address is www.bargainbasement.ie

Thanks in advance

John

Thanks
    Thanked 3,402 Times in 3,273 Posts

Re: Images or thumbnails not displaying

Just recheck your installation files because there are other folders too that need to be chmoded.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

I have just checked and when you click on the icon the image appears so for some reason its not appearing but it is there. Any ideas? I really want to get this up and running and this is my only stumbling block.

Thanks

John

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

I had this problem and it was down to the GD library for PHP not being installed. Set up and view your phpinfo.php file -http://kb.mediatemple.net/questions/764/How+can+I+create+a+phpinfo.php+page%3F

If you can NOT see a section called GD enabled on the phpinfo page then you'll need to install the GD module for thumbnails/pics to show.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

I got it sorted. I upgraded to WP 2.8 but for some reason it was not recognised by my web host. So i used Cpanle and I upgraded it there. All appears to be working now.

Thread Information