Thread: Importing External data into classipress

Thanks

Importing External data into classipress

Hi

I have been running classifieds site called www.kachavadom.com which I would like to port to wordpress. I am planning to write a script to import the data directly to word press. Currently as you can see by visiting the site I have the a table which I will refer as post data. It is Title, description, Category, sub Category if it exists, Status. Now what i would like to know is is there some format where I could run each post to directly post to the function you use for your ad post form with the variables. example if I call the script for post ad with postadscript.php?tile="something"&detail="somedeta il" where title, detail etc are the various variables for the word press post. If you can give me the exact variables I could prob create a hack to do this and also create new users if the user doesn't already exist.

Thanks

Re: Importing External data into classipress

Unfortunately not. You could import your ads directly into the wordpress database though and get pretty much everything in that way. Experiment with a couple ads first to make sure all the data gets brought in correctly before running the entire script.

Thread Information