Thread: Max Image Size "bug"

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Max Image Size "bug"

I purchased a dev license last month and I'm getting close to a launch date, but this widespread "bug" really has me concerned. When I test a large image (5.6MB) it uploads the entire file (I can see it in my network graph), leaving the browser in limbo for upwards of 90 seconds, and then displays the "successful" dialog, with the image apparently being deleted and the post going to draft status. This could cause some huge headaches, especially considering most people will try to upload photos straight off of their cameras with no resizing or post-processing, and if they do it with multiple images its going to be even worse. I saw in another post that you were planning on fixing this in an upcoming release, I just wanted to press the issue a little I guess. Thanks.

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Re: Max Image Size "bug"

can anyone speak to this?

Thanks

Wow, that's news to me. Good catch!

Thanks

Eeewww.
    I'm about to buy a dev license. Yeah, that would cause some grief for sure.
    Let's face it, everybody is going to upload pics straight from their camera and not use a photo-editor before uploading. It's all about convenience.
    How long until this bug is fixed?
    I'd sure rather get this theme instead of the other two I'm looking at, but don't need those customer service headaches.
    ... standing on the shoulders of giants

Thanks

Yes, it's a known issue and will be fixed in the next release due out later this year. I don't have a quick fix otherwise I would release it sooner. The entire file upload script is being overhauled.

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

You should work in Amazon S3/CloudFront support while you're in there. Glad to hear you're on this, please let us know if you come up with a fix of any kind before the next official release.

Thanks

Glad to hear it's getting fixed in 3.0!

In the meantime, I did a quick websearch for free online image resizers and came across two that seemed fairly straight forward, and had decent looking user interfaces. Then I added some links and a quick bit of info to the section of the theme that specifies that photos should be under 1MB, and suggested they use these 2 sites to shrink their photos and come back and try them.

It should be in your post-form.php file, around line 200:
    Code:
    <label for="post_tags"><?php _e('Add images','cp'); ?> (<?php _e('images must be under 1 MB','cp'); ?>)</label>
    Mine now says:
    Code:
    <label for="post_tags"><?php _e('Add images','cp'); ?> (<?php _e('images must be under 1 MB - if your image is too large try a free online image resizer such as http://webresizer.com or http://picresize.com','cp'); ?>)</label>
    Granted it's no way a perfect solution, but I find it's better than the alternative - having a potential poster leave and go elsewhere because they don't have any options to edit their photos.
    ~Ramsey

Thread Information