Thread: Need Help Again

Thanks

Need Help Again

Have stummbled accross a big problem that I hope someone can advise on.

My site is for English speakers in Taiwan to sell things. The site is predominantly in English, but some people might post in Chinese, which is why I have installed the translators on the post pages.

Someone added a post today in Chinese, but when you click on the link, it just says internal error, and won't display. I contacted my host, FatCow, and they told me they don't support Chinese characters. So, I contacted Gator Host, and asked them about transferring to them. Their tech support told me they do support Chinese characters, but only if the site is configured to do it.

So I need some advice from dcowgill to make sure Classipress is set up for English and Chinese, or do I need to do something to configure it?

There is no point in me changing servers if I will still have the same problem.

Hope you can help.

Darren
    www.taiwandeal.com

Thanks

Re: Need Help Again

Really hope someone can help me with this. I need to transfer to another server, but no point if I will have the same problem.

Thanks

Please Help!

Have done a little more testing, and noticed a little more about the problem.

When I add a post with the title in English, but add Chinese to the body of the post it is no problem.

But, when I add a post with a Chinese title, and Chinese text in the body, it just goes to 'internal error' when you click on it.

Does anyone know if this is a problem with my server, or with Classipress?

I really hope someone can give me some advice on this, because it's quite an important aspect of my site.

Thanks
    www.taiwandeal.com

Thread Information