Thread: New Ad & Author Management

Thanks

New Ad & Author Management

Maybe I'm missing the obvious here and if so I'm sorry.

I currently have each ad queued for approval. If the ad needs to be modified there doesnt seem to be a straight forward method to email the author about their ad.

The same is true for authors. As they upload their images it looks like they need to be approved before their images are displayed. Is there any easy method to queue up the authors that need to be approved?

If not whats the best work flow to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks

Re: New Ad & Author Management

You basically just need to email the author letting them know what changes should be made before being approved. Once the ad is approved, the images should show up too.

Thanks

There just isn't an easy method to grab the authors email to reference the particular ad that is not approved.

Might be cool if the admins dashboard listed all ads queued for approval, with a review ad, approve ad, and email author link so administrating the ads is quite simple. Clicking email author would auto populate the subject with the ad title or id and then let me fill in the body with the items that need to be fixed. This way the author knows exactly what needs to be rectified to get their ad approved.

Lastly on the image approvals. I am referring to the authors avatar image that is uploaded from their profile. Not images related to the ad itself. Are these author avatar images approved with ad approval? If not might be advantageous to list these on the admin dashboard as well, because it will be a PIA to approve these as people update their accounts.

Thanks

The author images use a plugin and I believe you can turn on/off ad image approvals.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mastersparky
    I currently have each ad queued for approval. If the ad needs to be modified there doesnt seem to be a straight forward method to email the author about their ad.

Thanks in advance!
    Im also trying to accomplish this. The way I figure it out it should be a very simple hack. We just need the following implemented.

1) If logged into admin it should display all ads. This will allow us to pause edit etc of ads. How do we do this?
    2) And for the respective ad if we can add the same contact ad owner section with the only difference being the mail is set to be from the admin. We can mail the user.

The above is quite simple to implement. However preferably if we can have a separate dashboard page for admin and user then we can add the features to the admin dashboard page. We could also set adiitonal options in the admin dashboard page to list only ads waiting for approval by default etc. So as not to get a very large recordset when ad no's go up.

What do you say David?

Thread Information