Thread: New User Questions

Affiliate Member AppThemes Affiliate rwcrozier's Avatar
    Thanks

New User Questions

Hi There,

I just bought this theme and am beginning to play around with it.
    I have a few questions...

1. On the demo site I see the permalinks are SEO friendly with the about page being "http://wpclassipress.com/classipress/about-us/" By default my permalinks are set to "DEFAULT" setting. Can we change this? When I changed it, it began giving me 404 errors for my pages.

2. Is there a way to offer a coupon code for "free listings"?

3. How can I create a listing without paying w/ PayPal? Like personally, as the owner to test things.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts

Re: New User Questions

1. Permalinks are ok. I have it on my site www.cars.cebulive.com

2. I guess you can do that manually.

3. I think You can disable paypal option if you want to.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Re: New User Questions

yeah you need to set up permalinks in the admin: setting --> permalinks. From there you can change how you would like them to be displayed. There is a link to the wordpress codex at the top, at the end of the description. It writes some declarations into a .htacess file at the root of the wordpress installation, however for me, I end up having to create the file myself because my permissions won't allow for the system to create the file. If that is the case for you, go to the root of your wordpress installation, and create a file named .htaccess. Copy and Paste the code that wordpress creates in the settings --> permalinks page after submitting how you want the permalinks to look. After pasting the code into .htaccess, resave the page in wordpress and it should say "Changes Saved" or something to that nature.

Rich

Thread Information