Thread: One more question

Thanks

One more question

Ok sorry to keep asking questions. I am new to classifieds/blogging. I think my big question is. I have a website, from it I want at add a blog, but also allow people to swap, and give away free stuff or post wanted stuff (classifieds). The overall website is to create a communitry for parents.

So, I have my website, I have started to build a blog in wordpress, and then I purchased classipress for the classifieds because I couldn't get wp-classifieds to work properly...if I have they would have all had the same template...

Now I have the classipress look, the wordpress look and my website look...YIKES! How do I connect them all to make it look seamless???? Can you help? Thanks so much!

Thanks

Re: One more question

Ok, now I understand a bit better. Basically if you want to run ClassiPress and keep your current site, here's what I recommend doing.

ClassiPress is designed to run the entire blog. So basically you need to install another instance of WP in a sub-directory if you want to keep your old site. So if http://www.tiffany.com/blog is your current site, then install a brand new copy of WP in http://www.tiffany.com/blog/classifieds. That way you'll have a totally separate instance of WP to manage and keep track of your classified ads. Makes things much easier.

~David

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Ok sorry to keep asking questions. I am new to classifieds/blogging. I think my big question is. I have a website, from it I want at add a blog, but also allow people to swap, and give away free stuff or post wanted stuff (classifieds). The overall website is to create a communitry for parents.

So, I have my website, I have started to build a blog in wordpress, and then I purchased classipress for the classifieds because I couldn't get wp-classifieds to work properly...if I have they would have all had the same template...

Now I have the classipress look, the wordpress look and my website look...YIKES! How do I connect them all to make it look seamless???? Can you help? Thanks so much!

Thanks

Thanks so much for responding so quickly!

Ok I did that...now how do I get them the templates to look the same. Can I adjust the Classispress look and feel? If so how?

Thanks again!

Thanks

Great and yes you can change the classipress look and feel. You'll need to have experience with html and the WordPress theme files though otherwise I'd recommend looking for a developer/designer to help you Tiffany.

If you try it yourself, just be careful and make a backup of each file.

Thread Information