Thread: Prevent Double "$$"

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Prevent Double "$$"

Quite often I have users who enter the price for a product with the dollar sign resulting in a number like: "$$160.00" Is there anyway to prevent a double dollar sign?

Thanks

Re: Prevent Double "$$"

I recommend adding a note or some javascript validation on the form letting them know they don't need to enter a currency symbol. Another option would be to write a small function that strips out any currency characters after the form has been submitted.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Re: Prevent Double "$$"

I recommend adding a note or some javascript validation on the form letting them know they don't need to enter a currency symbol. Another option would be to write a small function that strips out any currency characters after the form has been submitted.
    ...and the Pompous *** Award goes to....... dcowgill! Congratulations! Care to say a few words!?
    No? OK, then how about giving a clear answer to a question posed by a paying customer?
    One that maybe doesn't live in Code World? You know, those people you see when you're not sitting alone in a dark room staring at a computer screen. Remember them? The ones that don't think in binary?

Thread Information