Thread: Search Term Combo Not Returning Results?

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Search Term Combo Not Returning Results?

Hello! I have a quick question about searching for multiple custom field term.

I should start by saying I added a few custom fields to the site to fit the project. Most importantly, I've added a city, state, and zip. I've added them all successfully and can search for them independently, but not together.

For example, I can search for "Manchester" and get results, and I can search for "New Hampshire" and get results, but I can't get results for "Manchester, New Hampshire". Seems like it might not be 'joining' these search terms together properly?

I'm working on the site at http://www.dogwalker.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; if you want to take a test run for yourself.

Any/all help would be appreciated. This is the LAST thing I need to do before it's off my plate

Thanks

Re: Search Term Combo Not Returning Results?

Check out the functions.php and search for "custom_search_where". You'll need to add your new custom fields into that array.

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Re: Search Term Combo Not Returning Results?

Hi David,
    Thanks for the response! I actually already have that added to the functions file.

Code:
    $customs = Array('name', 'location', 'neighborhood', 'city', 'state', 'zip', 'zip2', 'zip3');
    Also, I know all the values are adding to the DB correctly because I can see them on the output of the pages and in the custom fields in the post area. So I know they are there. It seems like I can't get search results if I search for more than one custom field at a time. i.e. "City, State", "City, Zip" etc...

I've fiddled with everything I could think of but alas, I am still stuck. Is there a way to just search all custom fields at once, instead of assigning an array? I was using the WP Custom Fields search and it was working alright I think but it didn't output the search variable on the listing pages, like "You Searched for: Manchester". Instead it just said "You Searched for:"

Thanks again David,
    Mike

Thread Information