Thread: Thumbnail problem resolved

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Thumbnail problem resolved

After looking through your support forum I found loads of people are having the same problem and too be honest after 2 extremely frustrating days of trying everything the support forum was suggesting I was almost going to ask for my money back but I finally figured out, on my own, , after playing around with the files, what I and everybody else with the same problem is doing wrong.

I was uploading classipress from within wordpress on my site and that is were the mistake starts.

From within wordpress I was going to the appearance section, add a new theme and then clicking upload and choosing the zipped file labeled classipress-2,9,2-single and this is what is wrong.

I can imagine that everybody who is having the same problem with the thumbnails is making the same mistake I was.

I have written below 2 ways to resolve this which you can pass on to everybody and hopefully it will prevent other people getting angry and frustrated like I did.

There are 2 ways to resolve this.
    The first you have to delete the classipress theme from your site and then follow the following steps

step 1.
    What you have to do is unzip the classipress-2,9,2-single file that you received when purchasing classipress.

step 2.
    Open the file classipress-2,9,2-single, inside you will find several other folders plugins, psds and classipress.

step 3.
    zip the classipress folder ( you have to do this or wordpress wont accept it )

step 4.
    Enter wordpress on your site, go to appearance, and click on add themes

step 5.
    Upload the classipress folder you had previously zipped and not the folder classipress-2,9,2-single.

step 6.
    Then follow the installation instruction you had from classipress and this should resolve the problem, it did for me.

The other way you don't have delete the theme and is a bit more technically difficult but hey until a week ago I didn't have a clue about programs and i managed it lol.

step 1.
    What you have to do is unzip the classipress-2,9,2-single file that you received when purchasing classipress.

step 2.
    Open the file classipress-2,9,2-single, inside you will find several other folders plugins, psds and classipress.

step 3.
    Open your control panel you have with your Internet host.

step 4.
    Open your file manager and enter the folder wp-content.

step 4.
    There you should see the folder classipress-2,9,2-single. Delete it!

step 5.
    Click the upload icon and choose the file classipress from within your classipress-2,9,2-single folder.

This should resolve the problem now.
    Feel free to check out my site http://www.chrisescars.com

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Re: Thumbnail problem resolved

Do you use WPMU ?

Thanks

I had the same problem. thanks to your advice, FIXED IT!

Thanks

This did not resolve the thumbnail problem for me.

Thanks

Funny website you have, but it looks like you are using Noah's classified? i don't think your solution works well.

Thread Information