Thread: Thumbnails, CSS, Broken index issue, OH MY!

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Thumbnails, CSS, Broken index issue, OH MY!

OK. I admit it. I screwed something up. Now a few things do not seem to work. (I am using WP 2.8 BTW)

1. Thumbnails do not show-up in the post or on the home page
    2. All text is now BOLDED
    3. If you skip/forget to upload an image with the post, there is no way to edit that post and swap/upload any new ones. (Field missing?)

Why? I blame Google Adsense. They wanted me to place a small piece of code on the index for authentication. I though I could edit it in place on the INDEX.PHP and then remove it. Boy was I wrong (this used to be fine in WP 2.7) When I saved the INDEX.PHP page the whole thing erased itself! PANNIC!

My first thought was, did the database take a hit? No, then I looked for the original INDEX.PHP file and CUT AND PASTED it back into the edit page where the OLD file was. The good news was that the site came back, the bad news was that now all the thumbs are missing, no new ones show up at all even though they are in the images gallery folder.

The question is why? What else is hooked to Index that somehow affected the CSS? HELP! The site was coming along so nicely too. I think what you put together is awesome, but WP is so sensitive.

HELP!!!!
    Thanks,

Alan Sherin
    POPSOC
    http://popsoc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks

Re: Thumbnails, CSS, Broken index issue, OH MY!

I just looked at your site and it seems ok to me. Am I missing something?

Regardless, you should completely replace your index.php page with the original CP one instead of just trying to copy & paste into it. If that's all you did in the first place, it should fix your issue. You also might want to try saving your main CP options page with whatever color scheme you want.

Let me know....

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Re: Thumbnails, CSS, Broken index issue, OH MY!

Thanks for your reply. I just re-installed the theme and have been tweaking it. The thumbs came back. Now I just seem to be having an issue with new profile pics showing up. i was afraid to just re-install, but I only had to redo a few settings as the DB maintained most without issue.

I have write permissions enabled on all the directories.

Thread Information