Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to CHMOD Directories on Windows Server

Affiliate Member AppThemes Affiliate naweed's Avatar
    Thanks

Unable to CHMOD Directories on Windows Server

Hi David,

I managed to install the theme and plugins perfectly but I was disappointed when my ftp or domain control wouldn't allow me to CHMOD the 2 directories I made as you said; Uploads and Classipress.

I read an article on a site that if you have Cgi-bin already installed in the directory, you can install the scripts within that file and CHMOD it ... it sounds far too complicating for me.

Has anyone else faced the same issue and can it be solved?

Thanks in advance!

N.

Thanks

Re: Unable to CHMOD Directories on Windows Server

Not very helpful but I would suggest moving to a non windows server.

Thanks

Yeah, windows hosting tends to run into issues like this which is why Linux is the way to go. Anyhow, sounds like it's too late for that but if it isn't, I recommend switching now before you run into more problems. Check out our list of recommended hosting providers.

Did you try running ClassiPress and see if you are able to post new ads and include images? You might already be in luck and have it working. If not, you will need to contact your hosting provider and ask them for help.

Thanks

Woohoo! I'm actually suprised that it worked.. I registered and signed up a test account, posted an ad successful with a picture and all the extra details.

There's always a "but" in a post.. so here it goes.. But if you click on the link above "my dashboard" it goes to an error page which is terribly not good, how can i fix that so it goes to the correct page?

Thanks!

Thanks

Sorry forgot to add the link.. http://www.buysellvia.com

Thanks

Great to hear it's working for you now. Regarding the dashboard link, you need to read through the entire install page. It tells you how to setup that page along with two others.

Thanks

Oh okay, i apologize for that, I didn't take much notice to the whole installation guide. I guess the excitement of getting it up and running took its toll! But I still haven't got it 100% going yet, I recieved your email about the bug update download thingy, how would I get the download from e-junkie. I'm sorry but i'm totally new to updating themes.

After searching for classified websites on google, I can say that this is THE most easiest, freshest, most successful theme anybody could make! I noticed your going to increase the price and so it should be, it's worth alot!

Do you do any sort of freelance work like designing any other types of themes apart from classified.

Thanks again for the help and replies.

Naweed.

Thanks

Can I ask a very non-topic question. This forum is running on phpbb right.. which server works best to run it, windows or unix? I mean I prefer windows but theres alot of positive reviews about unix being more stable etc.

Thanks

The email you originally got from e-junkie has a link which you used to download 2.9. The same link will now give you 2.9.1 and will continue to work for all other future updates.

I prefer unix or linux 100x over a windows environment. Much more stable for sure.

Thanks

The only problem is all my domains are on windows server which is ok but every theme I use, usually asks to change file permissions which isn't possible.

1. I followed the whole installation guide as you said but the dashboard link still goes to an error page.

2. Would I be able to use that big search bar in other themes like a magazine style?

3. And last question, do you think wordpress would be able to handle the same format as this website: www.milliondollarhomepage.com. I'm using this theme for my other projects: http://yellowpress.sofarider.com/
    But I prefer small pixels accommodating the whole screen with a link to purchase etc..

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information