Thread: User Photo not uploading

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

User Photo not uploading

I try to change my photo using the front end profile page (not the wp admin), but the photo does not change.
    And I see this warning in my Settings > CP > Images

Warning: unlink(../wp-content/uploads/classipress/userphoto) [function.unlink]: Is a directory in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/market/wp-content/themes/classipress/functions/admin-options.php on line 692

Thanks

Re: User Photo not uploading

Sounds like it's having trouble with the unlink function. Change the file permissions on the uploads/classipress/userphoto folder to 775 and see if that fixes it. Is your server Windows? That could also be part of the problem.

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Hi, this issue is resolved. It had to do with the wordpress being installed in a way that the server owner was the owner (or something, sorry non techie here)... but some users are still complaining that if they upload photos it does not show up.

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

here is another issue that I think I may see why the users are complaining...

When they go back to their profile to load another userphoto to replace the existing one, and check the box "delete existing photo"... nothing loads up (or shows up). Instead they see their gravatar which I've set in the admin panel

Thanks

Probably also a permissions issue. I recommend going into the admin panel to this url /wp-admin/options-general.php?page=user-photo/user-photo.php and edit the options. Make sure your users are equal to the user level you select on this page.

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

the option for moderation of userphoto is set to none. I checked userphoto directory permissions. they are set to 777

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

I am also facing the same issue. I tried user-photo 775 and turned new users as contributors but nothing happened.

Image files are there in uploads/userphotos but not showing up.

Please help. Thank you

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

I think the issue is resolved. I just turned new users to Author by default but now the Profile images are held in moderation for approval. But I am not getting any email or anything from which I come to know someone uploaded an image and that requires moderation.

Where can I find new Profile images upload alert or remove the user restriction of getting approved? I mean, I want the profile image of user to show right after he/she uploads.

Thank you

Thanks

I don't think you get an email alert. Try creating a fake account and turn on image approval and upload an image. Then login as an admin and then go into the user profile where I believe you approve it there.

Thread Information