Thread: User Registration Help Needed Please?

Thanks

User Registration Help Needed Please?

Hello, I activated the theme where users need to register to post a classified ad. When they click on the Post A Classified Ad Button it does tell them they need to register to post an ad. The problem I am having is when they click on register underneath that message it then tells them "User registration is currently not allowed." Can anyone tell me what is causing this please. Thanks for the help. I still feel that before selling a theme like this it should have better setup instructions or videos to show how to get it properly setup and running. The documentation is clear in certain areas and very unclear in others. For the newbie "like myself and I am sure there are others" it makes it hard when we have no WordPress design experience or just know the basics. I am not complaining just requesting more for what you paid for. This is why I have not become an affiliate as of yet. How can a person justify telling other people to get this theme if they cannot get it setup correctly by using the setup and installation directions provided? Just a question here and I hope Dave and others are not offended and still help with the problems I am running into with this theme. One request I have is to see more documentation for the complete setup very very soon. It is nice to redesign and have new feature request but, if the newbies like me are having trouble it would make more since to me to take care of that problem first and then move on. Sorry to be a party pooper on this subject but, I feel before making future requests available the customer service and satisfaction should always come first no matter what product or item you are selling.

Thanks

Fred G.

Thanks

Re: User Registration Help Needed Please?

Fred I had the same problem.

First of all, it needs to be activiated within the dashboard for classipress (configure) as well
    as WP (settings-->general).

Secondly, if you are using Wordpress MU, download the new version that came out Friday
    and the problem should be solved. There was a slight discrepancy in where the register
    link was taking you vs. what WPMU allowed....fixed now.
    Josh Thomas
    Out of Work Ninja
    Dominate With Video Sales Letters

Thread Information