Thread: User registration/login

Thanks

User registration/login

As admin I am able to post ads, but when testing with another email acct. I don't receive confirmation? Is there something that needed to be set up during install? I had a web dev. help with install because its all new to me. Do I have to go to my Cpanel in BlueHost and get into some files?

Thanks

Re: User registration/login

You dont get a confirmation to the user account or admin account?
    Eric is best known in the forum for his in depth tutorials. He started in design 4 years ago and then discovered WordPress and has been coding and hacking themes and plugins ever since. He's quite helpful if you have any questions for him in the forum. Eric also makes his own WordPress themes and plugins and provides ClassiPress consulting on the side. David Cowgill - (Owner of Classipress)

Thanks

Ok, went into admin and updated user account. I am able to post ads with dummy user. Didn't know about that? Do I have to do this with every user, that is "update" their account or will they have their own access to do this? Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rnaylor
    Dummy user still did not receive pass word confirmation or anything? normal?

Thanks

Dummy user still did not receive pass word confirmation or anything? normal?
    No this is not normal. This is however a WP issue since the mail function of user sign up has nothing to do with the classipress theme.

Im still going to try to help you though, Here is some questions to answer for me.

1: Are you getting any emails from WP at all?
    2: if not what host are you using.
    3: if yes which ones are you getting, and which ones are you not getting.
    4: Do you have any plugins that are about subscriptions, emails, cache, or anything of this nature?
    Eric is best known in the forum for his in depth tutorials. He started in design 4 years ago and then discovered WordPress and has been coding and hacking themes and plugins ever since. He's quite helpful if you have any questions for him in the forum. Eric also makes his own WordPress themes and plugins and provides ClassiPress consulting on the side. David Cowgill - (Owner of Classipress)

Thanks

Ok, figured it out. I just needed to be pointed to the 'Users' section in my dashboard. Thanks Eric.

Thread Information