Thread: Using E-junkie with WPClassipress....do I have this right?

Thanks

Using E-junkie with WPClassipress....do I have this right?

I've been working on setting everything up today and wanted to run this by whomever has done this or has knowledge of how to do this.

My understanding is that I can use E-junkie to run an affiliate program for my site, awarding people who refer people who place ads a commission for doing so.

In E-junkie then, I assume I need to, when setting up a new product, choose "redirection" instead of a download (since my customers aren't purchasing a digital file) but should I also select in that area "send transaction data to an url"?

I guess my confusion is how to direct people from WPClassipress to E-junkie, to PayPal and then back to E-junkie and ultimately back to WPClassipress.

Is there anyone who has done this? I was told by the owner (David) that this was possible and just need some guidance on the procedure. I'm familiar with E-junkie and Wordpress and PayPal, I just need some clarification on how to make them all work together accurately.

Thanks!

Thanks

Re: Using E-junkie with WPClassipress....do I have this right?

In E-Junkie, I selected "Redirection" and "send info to an URL and it wants these two values:

What would be the recommended URLs to put in these spaces so that the payment is processed correctly, affiliate commissions are processed and the info gets passed back to WPClassipress to post the ad?

Thanks!

Thanks

Hmmmm.....I misunderstood your original request. I thought you planned on hosting a product within e-junkie and then were sending people there to download it after they purchased via PayPal.

I'm pretty sure this can still be done but you might want to search/post your scenario in the e-junkie community and see if they have any solution. I'm sure they've come across this before.

I bet you just need to redirect them back to a page on ClassiPress and then put some code on your CP confirmation ad submission page which reports the affiliate commission back to e-junkie.

Let us know what you discover. Sorry for not understanding your question clearly the first time.

Here's a couple other affiliate solutions you might want to check out as well if e-junkie doesn't work out.

http://www.hasoffers.com/
    http://www.idevdirect.com/

Thanks

Hi David,

Are you recommending those other two affiliate program software options because you know (either because you have used them or someone else in the community has) they work with WPClassipress?

Also, if I could get some clarification....as far as what WPClassipress knows, the ad is posted only AFTER a valid "paid" response comes back from PayPal is that correct? It's not that the ad would post anyway right? Or....does WPClassipress tentatively hold the ad information and mark it as pending a response from PayPal?

That could make a difference in whether this works for me or not because if PayPal isn't sending anything back to WPClassipress that would affect whether the ad was placed or not and simply processes the payment in conjunction with E-Junkie, then I may not need a "return" url there that is anything other than a generic thank you page.

If you could answer that, then I could bring that info to the E-Junkie community and check in with them to see if my setup works. They're obviously going to want to know how things work on the WPClassipress end first though.

Thanks,

Thanks

Also, if I used 1ShoppingCart, I suppose I would have the same issues to figure out right?

Or, has some work been done to make 1ShoppingCart work with this system already?

Thanks in advance,

Jen

Thanks

Bumping up....need to know if those affiliate management services mentioned have been tested with WPClassipress and/or if 1shoppingcart is compatible at this time.

Thx,

Thanks

I've only used e-junkie's affiliate module and have only heard about the others I've mentioned.

Yes, after your customer makes payment via paypal and then clicks on the return url the ad will go live.

Quote Originally Posted by midwestmedia
    Hi David,

Are you recommending those other two affiliate program software options because you know (either because you have used them or someone else in the community has) they work with WPClassipress?

Also, if I could get some clarification....as far as what WPClassipress knows, the ad is posted only AFTER a valid "paid" response comes back from PayPal is that correct? It's not that the ad would post anyway right? Or....does WPClassipress tentatively hold the ad information and mark it as pending a response from PayPal?

That could make a difference in whether this works for me or not because if PayPal isn't sending anything back to WPClassipress that would affect whether the ad was placed or not and simply processes the payment in conjunction with E-Junkie, then I may not need a "return" url there that is anything other than a generic thank you page.

If you could answer that, then I could bring that info to the E-Junkie community and check in with them to see if my setup works. They're obviously going to want to know how things work on the WPClassipress end first though.

Thanks,

Thanks

Yes, that would be even more of an integration project. I would try and work it out with e-junkie instead.

Quote Originally Posted by midwestmedia
    Also, if I used 1ShoppingCart, I suppose I would have the same issues to figure out right?

Or, has some work been done to make 1ShoppingCart work with this system already?

Thanks in advance,

Jen

Thread Information