Thread: Using payment check for premium listing

Thanks

Using payment check for premium listing

Hi

I had asked for a feature long back in viewtopic.php?f=9&t=193&start=0 . I think there is an easy way to make it possible. What im trying to accomplish is keep all basic ads free. But at the same time I would like to charge for premium ads ie with image uploads and google maps. what I was figuring to do is set the price per category. Then remove the checking for payment while displaying ads and activation. But using same ie the payed status and checking to see if the ad is has been payed for to

1) Display image uploads form field in edit ad.
    2) Display image and google maps on the site.

The only thing I need to know is where do I check to remove payment check to keep the basic ads free to set it so that even with price per category set

1) the ads are displayed.
    2) whats the code so I can move this check to the edit ad and page display.

I could use the current payment option and call it upgrade to premium. So if the payment is done then the edit form would display the image upload field and the ad would display both maps as well as images.

In future if this was made like a function (ie the paymnet check) we could use it where ever we want to restrict content. So even if it not a standard classipress feature out of the box. People can use this option to do what I propose to do. Im sure we could have many takers for the above.

Thanks

Re: Using payment check for premium listing

The code you are looking to tinker with should be in the form_process.php page.

Thanks

Re: Using payment check for premium listing

I'd be interested in some sort of "Freemium" functionality.

Thread Information