Thread: What is the best way to condense the image display?

Thanks

What is the best way to condense the image display?

I have an issue with large files (3MB) that are uploaded to ads. WHen clicking on the thumbnail of the ad it displays int he pop-up viewer in full size. It's so large that the user has no idea that there is a 'Close' button in the bottom right-hand corner (since it's not easily viewable). What is the best way to limit this to something that displays in the viewable screen? My Wordpress coder put in a fix that works to do this, but it creates a little red 'X' over the Close button when viewed in IE.

Thanks!
    Robert

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Re: What is the best way to condense the image display?

I also share this concern. Sometime user's pictures are just too large to be of any practical use! Is there anyway to automatically constrain the photo size? Any other solutions are welcome too! Thanks!

Thanks

Re: What is the best way to condense the image display?

By default ClassiPress limits image uploads to 1MB each to help avoid this issue. Even with this limitation, you'll see large images similar to what you are mentioning. ClassiPress uses LightBox to display the pop-up images so you can probably find a variable to change like max % of window or something.

The lightbox code is located in /js/lightbox.js. Let us know what you find. It would be considered adding to a future release.

Thread Information