Thread: Whats new in 3.0?

Thanks

Whats new in 3.0?

Wow! 3.0 is coming out ? When? I was just going to complete hacks on design on 2.9 to make it usable for me the coming week. But if 3.0 is due Id like to wait instead of doing it all over again.

Is the work flow totally different from 2.9 as suggested elsewhere earlier? Should I wait? David could you share some info on this so I need not waste time hacking on 2.9.

Thanks

Re: Whats new in 3.0?

I will be including features due out in 3.0 later this month. It won't be released until late Oct or Nov as it's a complete overhaul and redesign of CP.

If you make lots of changes to your existing CP, upgrading will be very difficult so it might be worth waiting.

Thanks

Re: Whats new in 3.0?

Is that late Oct or beginning of Nov or probably maybe even the end of November. My upgrades have been minimal. Mostly wordpress hacks to get it to work specifically for my classifieds. Theming is minimal just a custom category selection which is very simple. And the image-upload option you know. But I am waiting for the features list at least to see whether i should wait. Especially I am looking for an option where there is a payment option for extra features. And then you could decide a code that will switch those fields on and off based on that. Example image upload, maps etc. If payment fro extra options is made. I can insert a specific if statement for any function on the theme like image upload areas in the form and display pages.

Thread Information