Thread: Issue with stores and coupon detail redirects when no trailing slash present

Thanks

Issue with stores and coupon detail redirects when no trailing slash present

Hello,

I am having some issues where some store links without a trailing slash are redirecting to random coupon detail pages (which are no indexed). I discovered this after some key pages on my website went missing from Google because of this and I am still trying to recover from this website error.

After reviewing my .htaccess file and disabling themes and plugins it seems that this is Clipper related. I am a bit peeved (as I am losing money because of it) but the theme has been good to me for a long time and I am hoping this is just a bug.

A few questions come to mind:

1. Was this issue (https://forums.appthemes.com/report-...ct-urls-79855/) updated in the newest version of the Clipper theme?
    2. How does Clipper manage redirection rules separate from the WordPress core files?
    3. How does Clipper manage permalink / page rename rules relative to the WordPress core?
    4. Is there a way to update or disable this behavior in the theme?
    4. How can I delete any rules that have been put in place? I don't want redirects to be managed for me... I want to manage everything in a separate redirect file... to avoid issues like this in the future.

FYI - I am running the newest version of Clipper on a VPS Linux server with no modifications to .htaccess file besides the WordPress permalinks added one.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information