Thread: 2nd Purchase Pre Sales Questions

Thanks

2nd Purchase Pre Sales Questions

Hi Guys

I have used Vantage before and it was fine for the last project.

Im looking at working on a new directory and have a list of questions before i buy.

1. Rather than the distance meter, i would like to give users the chance to search by county or state. So when they click on a category 'restaurants' they can then select from a drop down of 'Counties' to narrow the search.
    2. Subcategories - I would like to offer these, so if their category is 'restautants' they can then select up to 5 subcategories - italian, greek, american ect. and these are all searchable
    3. I would like to offer the listing owner the choice to hide their address, lets say they are a mobile caterer/buger van. they want to input their address to show in the listings but dont want people to know where they live.
    4. I would like to add more functionality to the listing results page depending on the package they buy, IE showing more lines of description, Social icons, special offers ect
    5. I would like to offer them 1/5/10/All counties that they can feature in depending on there package, so gold package means their listing will appear in 10 counties/states, Platinum package means they will appear as featured Nationally.
    6. if someone pays for a basic package IE Bronze for 12 months and then decides they want to upgrade after 6 months to Silver, how does that work with payment and number of days remaining?
    7. Can we add more social icaon to the lisitings? currently only allows FB & TW, but what about G+, Pintrest ect ect
    8. Referral Scheme, if one of my listings refers 4 people to my site who all sign up with a basic package I want to refund their listing cost, is there a way to manage this?

I realise some of these maybe out side the remit of the standard support but im looking to see whether it is possible at all

Thanks

Thanks
    In answer to your questions:

1. You may be interested in plugins such as Multi-City AV or User Locator for location based search functionality.
    2. You've always been able to add subcategories in Vantage when you set up the categories initially, so you can still do this.
    3. They can place a general location rather than a specific address and as long as google maps picks this up, that's all that will display.
    4. This would require customization on your part, but could be done.
    5. This isn't a default feature of Vantage, so would again require customization.
    6. Users can go into their customer dashboard and upgrade their listing in terms of featured ads, but not the plan itself.
    7. You can use plugins such as sharethis to allow other social icons on the listings themselves.
    8. Not within the theme itself, no there are no functions for this. Thanks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    In answer to your questions:

1. You may be interested in plugins such as Multi-City AV or User Locator for location based search functionality.
    2. You've always been able to add subcategories in Vantage when you set up the categories initially, so you can still do this.
    3. They can place a general location rather than a specific address and as long as google maps picks this up, that's all that will display.
    4. This would require customization on your part, but could be done.
    5. This isn't a default feature of Vantage, so would again require customization.
    6. Users can go into their customer dashboard and upgrade their listing in terms of featured ads, but not the plan itself.
    7. You can use plugins such as sharethis to allow other social icons on the listings themselves.
    8. Not within the theme itself, no there are no functions for this. Thanks.
    Thanks Pepsi but isnt Share this just a sharing tool and not actual links to the listing owners social profiles?

Some more questions below if you dont mind

I need to be able to send automated emails on my website and would like clarification.
    Suppliers listed in the directory will be paying to advertise. i will list all email functionality i require, will i require a plugins and which ones ?
    Attention required for number 3) - 4) – 5) – 6) & 7)

As follows:
    1) Send Auto Emails to Directory listed advertisers to say thank you for joining after successful Paypal payment (i know doable)
    2) Send Auto Emails to site users when they sign up to the site to be able to write reviews / rate suppliers and use the favorites functions.
    3) Using the contact form, site users can contact Suppliers listed on the website with an email coming from my URL.com address, is this okay????
    4) Can i set the site to send forgotten Login information to Suppliers and Site users, with their passwords????
    5) Can Statistics be collated about Suppliers adverts, such as

o Full Advert Viewed Count = ##No##
    o Enquiries Sent Count = ##No##
    o Pinterest Click Count = ##No##
    o Facebook Click Count = ##No##
    o Twitter Click Count = ##No##
    o G+ Click Count = ##No##
    o Shared Advert Count = ##No##
    o Website link clicked count = ##No##
    o Brochure downloaded count = ##No##
    o Reviews Count = ##No##
    o Rated count = ##No##

6) Advert Renewals, can automated emails be sent to Suppliers 7 day before their advert is due to expire????
    7) Can the Advert Renewal emails be set up to incorporate the activity count details listed in question 5) ????

Thanks
    There are auto emails included in the theme by default for signup, transactions completed, listing notification (pending, published, expired), approved or rejected claims. There are no settings within the Vantage admin dashboard to make changes to these, so it would require customization on your part.

1) As above, a transaction completed email is already sent.
    2) Also above, when a user signs up, a default email is sent to confirm registration.
    3) This would require customization
    4) This is already a default feature (lost/forgotten password link), visible on the login screen. This uses the native WordPress login functionality.
    5) Although there are no listings under the demo account login, you can see some overall stats in the sidebar for user listings as seen here.
    6) Vantage uses a cron job to check for expired listings so they're not sent prior
    7) This would require customization

There are no specific plugins available for what you describe, so if it's not a default feature it certainly will require customization on your part if you were looking to implement it. Thanks.

Thread Information