Thread: Accessing Data

Unregistered

Accessing Data

I have a few questions regarding the data and database in these themes. If you could kindly help me

1- What is the nature of database in these themes? I am a SQL server database developer and would like to buy App Theme Club license. Does the themes store data in a SQL Server database? If so, what version? Is is SQL Server 2008 R2 or higher?

2- I would like to be able to modify data through back end (using SQL scripts). Is that possible? For example bulk inserting jobs to a JobRoller theme website. Can I do that or it might break the rules embedded in the theme?

3- A specific question about JobRoller theme. Is it possible not to use the CV database? For privacy legislation reasons, I might have to turn it off. Can it be done?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks
    1 - Our themes use the native WordPress database functionality:

What are the requirements to use AppThemes?
    AppThemes does not work as a standalone solution. It is a theme which runs on the free CMS blogging software, WordPress which requires a web server such as apache, a mySQL database, and PHP. If your hosting provider allows WordPress to run on it (over 95% of them do), then AppThemes should work fine. You might also need FTP access to upload the theme and admin permissions to change/create folders. This is very common for any web hosting provider. We are partners with some of the best affordable and reliable web hosting providers out there today. They are certified WordPress partners and will have no problem running our themes.
    2 - If you have knowledge of mysql admin then yes you can certainly import data this way. Our themes are not encrypted, so you are free to make changes and there are no restrictions as such.

3 - Yes, you can easily disable the job seeker registration type and the resume function will no longer be available. Thanks.

Thread Information