Thread: Ad Packages having custom fields?

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Ad Packages having custom fields?

I know with the ad packages you can set the price and the duration of the ad, but what about custom fields? I am currently trying to find something to use as a directory listing for local businesses for a client, and so far everything about ClassiPress looks perfect. My only concern is that my client wishes to have different membership levels, with the higher levels having more information displayed with their listing.

Is it at all possible to have certain ad packages contain additional custom fields that can be filled out?

I'm experienced with HTML, PHP, and CSS, so I'm not worried about customization of the source files to display the information how I want on the pages, but I didn't see anything in the admin demo that indicates the possibility of this. =/

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Re: Ad Packages having custom fields?

** I also am aware that categories can have their own submission form, but what we need with the ad packages isn't category specific. I forgot to mention that, as I know you can have additional fields available for only specific categories.

Thanks

Re: Ad Packages having custom fields?

At present there is only the one option for ad packs, and that is category specific (as you know). In future there are bound to be imrovements made to the ad packs which give you more flexibility, but for the moment this is not something you can configure from the CP admin dashboard. Whether you could customize it to work how you want, I imagine it's possible with enough coding knowledge. The forums are great for people to share ideas on how to do this kind of thing, but as it is a customization it's really down to you to figure out specifically "how"..

Thread Information