Thread: Advenced search option / Distance?

Unregistered

Advenced search option / Distance?

Hi Guys,

I am interested in buying this great theme but,
    I would like to know if is it possible to add (or does it already has that kind of option) a search box by postcode/zip code to my search bar and display results by distance from/to that postcode/zip code.

I've searched the tutorials forum and i have found an answer but i couldn't see it because it was asking me to login.
    Can you please inform me about that?

Thanks in advance,

Thanks
    There is an advanced search functionality available in ClassiPress which allows a postcode and radius search, however by default this is only visible in the category view sidebar: http://demos.appthemes.com/classipress/ad-category/auto/

If you wanted to add this to the main search bar it would require customization of the default theme on your part as there are no options in the ClassiPress admin dashboard which will allow you to switch it on or add it via a setting. Thanks.

Unregistered

Thanks...

Thanks for the answer, i would like to have the system but first there is few things which i have to fix like (registration the brand etc..) but soon we will get in touch....
    Thanks again and wish you all a good day...

Thanks
    You're welcome :)

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    There is an advanced search functionality available in ClassiPress which allows a postcode and radius search, however by default this is only visible in the category view sidebar

If you wanted to add this to the main search bar it would require customization of the default theme on your part as there are no options in the ClassiPress admin dashboard which will allow you to switch it on or add it via a setting. Thanks.
    Hi! I'm interested in having a postcode/area search on the main search bar too.

Is it very difficult to customise the theme? I have created a few websites using wordpress and have SOME knowledge, but I am definitely not a programmer!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi! I'm interested in having a postcode/area search on the main search bar too.

Is it very difficult to customise the theme? I have created a few websites using wordpress and have SOME knowledge, but I am definitely not a programmer!

Our theme code is well written and commented, but ultimately how difficult it is to make modifications, is relative to your level of coding knowledge. AppThemes does not officially support customizations, so although our support team would not be able to provide instructions for making the changes you want, as a customer, you can seek community based support in our "mods & tutorials" forums. You can also find developers for hire on our certified partners page, and if you make contact directly with an outline of your requirements, they can provide a quote for the work. Thanks.

Thread Information