Thread: advise for clipper

Eston

advise for clipper

hi
    I am set to buy your themes in few weeks time, I have never own or run a coupon site in your experience:
    1) approximately how much will it cost me monthly to run this site
    1a) can you give an estimate of budget monthly?
    2) after how many months can I expect to start making some money off it
    3) does appthemes help in marketing (meaning advise on places to advertise, tactics et)
    4) can I customize the default theme given adding categories in menus etc? ( want to start off with default themes then after a few months i purchase a child theme)
    5) can I use a wordpress slider with default theme?
    6) is the default theme menu dropdown menu?
    7) you offer help in css and other themes issues?
    8) can you tell me if you have in process of developing a shareasale plugin (i really love love love this network)

I am planning to buy the clipper theme, then try to get a 3 months hosting at hostgator, buy linkshare plugin, and probably the framer

Thanks
    Some of these are not theme/AppThemes specific questions, but I'll do my best to help clarify..In answer to your questions:

1) This is one of those non-AppThemes questions because when it comes to purchasing our themes, you pay once for the lifetime license and 12 months worth of theme updates and support (you can renew the subscription every 12 months for $29 for a single theme). Outside of this, you need to organize your own hosting and domain name. You can read about our preferred hosting partners and related discount here. How much you pay per month, depends on who you sign up with and what kind of plan you choose.

2) This again isn't AppThemes specific, because it's still up to you to market your site in order to get enough people through to click affiliate links or post coupons (depending on your main idea for making money off the theme).

3) In short, no. We create the theme and provide optional plugins such as icodes publisher or commission junction publisher in the AppThemes marketplace which will give you options for automated coupons. You can also use the forums to discuss ideas with other community members.

4) Yes, absolutely. Adding categories is done by you anyway, you can do this at any time. The theme is not encrypted, so yes you are free to modify it as you wish or use a child theme.

5) We don't officially support third party plugins, so we cannot guarantee that all plugins will be compatible.

6) No, the default is as seen on the Clipper demo site.

7) AppThemes does not officially support customizations, however you can seek community based help in the "General Discussion" section of the forums. We provide support for default theme functionality though.

8) There are no immediate plans for it at this time. Thanks.

Eston
    okay thanks much. If I choose any of your preferred hosting, Does it matter which plan I choose, eg monthly in order to receive the 50% discount?

Thanks
    You would need to sign up for at least a 12 month plan rather than a monthly one. Thanks.

Unregistered
    okay so if I do a monthly plan I won't get the discount? What if I had already purchase the hosting?

Thanks
    If you have an existing account then you won't be eligible for the hosting discount anyway as it only applies to new signups. If you just signed up for hosting via our site for 1 month renewal then your signup won't show on our records from HostGator, so no you won't get the discount. Thanks.

Thread Information