Thread: Altering the Login process

Unregistered

Altering the Login process

I definitely want to purchase the Classipress system.

The one major drawback that I see from using the demo versions and visiting the sites that are already using the system is this:

I need the system to work like this,

User clicks on POST AD, they are then directed immediately to the POST AD process, bypassing the ACCOUNT LOGIN/CREATION page.

When they are finished creating their ad they are then asked for an email address and password, thereby "surreptitiously" creating an account. If they already have placed an ad under the same email address they need to use the proper password associated with their account.

This is how kijiji and the usedeverywhere sites have their ad creation process working. My understanding is that if you make the user/poster create an account before they place the ad, 30% of all potential users will navigate away from the page.

Can this be done? Of, course there will still need to be an account login area...I just want to alter the LOGIN process a little bit.

Also, what happens when a brand new email address creates an account? Do they get a 1-time account creation confirmation email?

Lastly, can I alter the styles and layout to include considerably more banner ads?

Thanks
    By default, ClassiPress requires the user to register before they can post an ad, so if you were wanting to bypass or change the existing method this would certainly require customization on your part. Our themes are not encrypted, so you are free to modify them as you wish, and whilst we do not offer customization services, we do have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire who are experienced at working with our themes. When a new account is created, yes they do receive a confirmation email and you can choose whether or not you allow them to create their own password.

Yes, you could add other ad spaces aside from those already available through customization or use of plugins such as this or this available in the AppThemes marketplace. Thanks.

Thread Information